- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Finally, McGee and Ziva in a broom closet, but not for the reasons you may think. Interesting things are overheard.
Chapter 4

(The Next Day, After Lunch)

McGee and Ziva both arrived back from lunch at the same time. When the elevator doors opened, they stepped out together and saw Gibbs and Abby in the bullpen.

"Last night was amazing," Abby was telling Gibbs. Hearing this, Ziva grabbed McGee by the tie and pulled him into a nearby broom closet. Once inside, she pushed the door shut, leaving a crack to look out through.

"Ziva, what are we doing?" McGee asked, confused.

"Hiding," she answered quickly.

"Hiding?" he asked, still confused.

"And spying," she confirmed.

"Why-" he began but she interrupted him.

'Something tells me that's not a conversation we should walk in on," she said, nodding to Abby and Gibbs.

"Wait," McGee said. "Are they talking about what I think they're-"

"Shhh!" Ziva said, listening intently. McGee also fell silent.

"Yeah, it was, wasn't it?" Gibbs said. "It got kind of hot there in the end, though."

"Yeah, and my voice is still sore from all that screaming,"
Abby said. Back in the broom closet, Ziva turned to McGee.

"Why would she be screaming if they were having..." she asked, and McGee just gave her a look.

"It's Abby," he said.

"Right." She turned back to eavesdropping.

"Oh, and then when you didn't want to and I said you should, and you did, and it was great! We should do it again sometime," she said all in one breath.

"Yeah, we should," Gibbs agreed, nodding. Abby left, heading for the elevator and her lab. McGee and Ziva looked at each other in a stunned silence, when suddenly the door opened.

"You guys gonna stay in there all day?" Gibbs asked, looking down at the two of them crouching on the floor.

"Uhh…" Ziva said.

"We were just..." McGee tried to explain.

"I don't wanna know," Gibbs stated coolly, before returning to his desk. They quickly followed him to their own desks and sat down. There was an awkward silence.

"We were just..." Ziva began, but Gibbs cut her off.

"Just keep it out of the office," he said.

"What? No! We're not, no!" Ziva and McGee both began to deny

what Gibbs was implying.

"Right," Gibbs said, indicating that the conversation was over. Moments later, Tony breezed in, slightly confused by the awkward silence. Knowing something was up, he kept quiet. Not able to hold back any longer, Ziva finally burst out:

"We know what you and Abby did last night," she said. "McGee and I, uh, overheard your conversation at lunch."

"Okay," Gibbs said indifferently. Tony watched the incredulous look pass between Ziva and McGee. He leaned back in his chair, watching the scene unfold and trying to figure out what was going on.

"But that's a serious infliction of rule number twelve," Ziva protested, wondering how he could be so calm. McGee just stayed quiet, wondering why she had spilled the beans. If Abby and Gibbs had something going on between them they wanted to be kept a secret, then he was all for it being secret.

'Wait,' Tony thought. "Rule number twelve. That's the one about dating... Abby and Gibbs are...hinky'

"What?!" Gibbs yelled. "I don't know what you think, but Abby and I went to a concert last night."

"Oh," McGee and Ziva said in unison. 'A concert' Ziva thought. 'That makes sense: hot, screaming, oops!'

"Did I miss something?" Tony asked.
Chapter End Notes:
Hee hee, I love this part! Sorry if that sounds vain, but I was tickled to death when it popped into my head!