- Text Size +
"Looks like our mistress of the dark has been keeping secrets from us."

His anger boiled up, his temper went close to flaring. The first thing he'd wanted to do when he'd heard of his Abby's stalker was to hit something. Then they'd tracked down this Mikel character. For a moment; he'd been afraid. They were so much alike. Same taste in music, same interests, same age group. They had just about everything in common – something which they didn't have. They were practically binary opposites. He was older, she was younger. She loved rock music, turned up nice and loud every time she listened to it, he hardly ever listened to music, the only times he ever listened to music or even the radio was when he was building his boat. She was loud, energetic, and happy just about all the time; he was harder, grouchy and his favourite description of himself was ‘bastard'. Not exactly the best of matches – but if there was one thing he'd – no, they'd learnt together, it was that opposites attract.

"Me and Abby... we're just going through a rough patch right now."

Him and Abby. Him and Abby. After all the threats that he'd given her, after all the pranks he'd played on her, after all the attempts that he'd made on her life... he'd still considered them to be together? He had asked her about him, later on that same day, when the rest of the team had gone, leaving just the two of them there – something which had been happening a lot of late. She'd confirmed what he'd thought; there'd never been a him and Abby. Just a make-believe, fairy tale relationship the guy had thought of because he couldn't grasp that simple fact.

"There never was a you and Abby!"

And there never would be a Mikel and Abby. Never. They'd gone back to his house after the drama in her lab caused by that one guy who'd thought that him and Abby were meant to be together. She'd found her place of comfort, of solitude, of peace once again; down in his ‘dimly lit basement' as she'd called it; the place which was now familiar to her, nearly as familiar as it was to him. But the fact remained that there would only ever be a him and Abby. Her silver haired fox and his Goth princess. Together... forever? The ring with the small diamond on her left ring finger certainly said so.

"How come you can't take your eyes off me... right, now?"

He'd planned to kill his Abby, and yet after being confronted with that fact again, he was still sure that she was still in love with him, the way that he'd imagined over the years stalking her. That was enough to deal with for a day. He'd had enough of this character. He thought it would be a good time to give this nut job a slice a reality. He flipped the light switch, and smiled as he watched Mikel grasp the fact that there was no one in the observation. Especially not Abby. Then he turned on this heel, and walked straight out, down the hallway. Back to his fiancée, to his wife-to-be, to his Goth princess, to his Abby.