- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I don't know where this came from, but I don't own NCIS, or Stargate, or Stargate Atlantis. Thanks goes to my beta Smackalicious!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate is trapped in an elevator and is bleeding. She hallucinates.
"Crap." Yeah, crap just about summed up the whole situation. Kate went over what she could remember in her head. They had gone to pick up a suspect in a drug ring. There had been a shootout. She had been cornered in an elevator by a perp, when he had tried to split. She had done the only thing she could and shut the doors to try and get to another floor to cut him off. She almost managed it, but he nicked her side with a lucky shot, and she went down. Not only was she bleeding rather profusely, but the elevator had oh-so-conveniently chosen that moment to break down. Now she was stuck, covered in blood, and hallucinating.

Abby sat down on the elevator floor next to her.

"You know, not many people die in elevators in elevators," she said in her usual talkative manner.

"That's really reassuring, Abbs, thanks, but I'm really not in the mood," Kate said. She was busy trying to stem the flow of blood out of her side using her jacket.

"Just here to help," said Abby, absentmindedly twirling a pigtail.

"Yeah, about that, why exactly are you here?" Kate asked the hallucination.

"To keep you alive," Abby answered before seeing Kate's expression and elaborating, "I'm really just a figment of your sub-conscious. 'Cause if you fall asleep right now, judging by how much blood you've lost, you probably won't wake up again. I'm here to make sure that won't happen."

"Oh," Kate said. "So I'm really just going crazy and talking to myself."

"If you wanna think about it like that," shrugged Abby. "Oh my gosh! This is exactly like that Stargate episode!"

"You and your sci-fi." Kate shook her head disbelievingly. "Which one?"

"The one where Carter gets trapped on that alien ship in the middle of nowhere. Wait, no, it's more like the Atlantis one where Rodney is trapped in a puddlejumper under the ocean! Except, you're on earth, and you're not having sexual fantasies about Sam..."

Kate was quickly losing interest. Her thoughts began to grow fuzzy, but just in time she was brought back to earth by a very familiar voice.

"Kate, Katie, Caitlyn, Kate-Kate-Kate-Kate-Kate." It was Tony.

"What are you doing here, DiNozzo?" she asked, although her heart skipped a beat.

"You were getting tired of Abby, almost lost ya there for a minute," he replied, flashing a grin.

"I didn't get tired of Abby," she protested.

"Did too."

"Did not." She tried to hit him in the arm, but her hand went
straight through.

"Hallucination," he reminded. "Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too, anyways, I'm better, 'cause you love me," he said, still grinning.

"Do not," she lied.

"Oh, come on, you may be able to lie to the real me, but not to
yourself," the hallucination said.

"Okay, so I love you, him, whoever," she admitted. He had a point. It was no use lying to herself.

"Good, now just hang on long enough to tell him," Tony told her.

"Right," Kate said, but she was already beginning to drift
away. The pain was just too much for her to bear.

"Kate, stay with me, that's an order," his voice was demanding, but caring. Kate replied automatically.

"Yes, Boss. Boss?" She opened her eyes to see Gibbs sitting next to her.

"I'm here, Kate," he said.

"I screwed up," she confessed. "I shouldn't have let him get away."

"No," Gibbs said, "you shouldn't have let yourself get shot!"

"Sorry," she said, her voice full of pain.

"Just hang in there," he replied, "they're coming." There was a loud "ding" and she knew no more.
Chapter End Notes:
I don't know where this came from, but I don't own NCIS, or Stargate, or Stargate Atlantis. Thanks goes to my beta Smackalicious!