- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Carly meets the team.

Monday


"You're here already?" Abby asked Carly as she walked in with a Caff-Pow and a coffee.


"You expected me to get here first or you wouldn't have brought the coffee." Carly replied without turning, putting the slide into the microscope.


"How do you know this isn't for Gibbs?"


"Because if it was his, you would have left it on his desk."


With a big grin and a gulp of Caff-Pow Abby said, "You are correct. So, starting your first full week, how does it feel Ms. Thomas?"


"It feels wonderful Ms. Sciuto. Especially since Director Shepard told me Friday that the dress code doesn't apply so much down here in the lab."


"What are you wearing?" Abby asked and then had to laugh when she got an eyeful.


Carly had on a t-shirt that said "Bad boys….." and a short black skirt with knee high black boots. From the back with the lab coat on, she was totally presentable, even her hair was pulled back at the nape with a hair band. From the back, she was a professional. From the front, she was the friend Abby recognized as a kindred spirit.


"I can't believe you have that shirt on. I sent it to you, but I can't believe you'd wear it on your second day of work." Abby told her, remembering the back of the shirt said "I like ‘em that way."


"Wouldn't you wear it?"


Abby smiled again and nodded, "Definitely. I really loosened you up since we met, didn't I?"


"Yes, you certainly did."


Abby looked into the microscope. "What have we got?"


"Those are from samples that Tony brought in earlier. I think he's testing me to see if I know how to run the equipment."


They both shared a laugh at the thought but were soon caught up in the music and work that had to be completed. The next time they came up for air, it was time for lunch.