- Text Size +

Wednesday


Gibbs entered the lab with a Caff-Pow in his hand. "Abby, do you…Who are you?" He asked when Carly turned around.


"Carly Thomas, Abby's assistant." She replied watching him take in her outfit of the day – a purple T with the word "Score" on the front, black cargo pants and black combat boots.


"Where's Abby?" He asked once done with the inspection.


"She took some lab results up to Tony."


"Where are my lab results?"


"Right here, bossman." Abby answered him coming into the lab. "I see you've met Carly."


"Results, Abs?" Gibbs reminded her and hands over the Caff-Pow.


"Alright, no chit chat, I get it. The bullet came from a .380 pistol. I ran it through the system to see if there were any hits. We got a match. There was a hold-up last year in Charleston, West Virginia. Bullets recovered from the scene match the bullets found at your crime scene. There was a suspect identified, but never brought in. Her name is….."


"Janet Bell." Gibbs finished.


"You know, if you're going to do my job, I can take my Caff-Pow and go home." Abby told him with affection.


Gibbs almost smiled. "Thank you Abby. You just confirmed what I thought."


He turned and grabbed the coffee, taking a big drink as he heads to the door.


"Um, Gibbs?" Carly said, speaking again.


Gibbs looked at her with his brow raised.


"That was mine." She told him.


With a slight shrug, Gibbs replied, "It's good coffee."


He walked out leaving them bemused.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Cynthia saw him coming and shook her head. "Hello, Agent Gibbs," she greeted him as he walked into the Director's office.


"Jethro, what a surprise. What problem can I help you with now?"


"Where'd you get Abby's assistant?"


"Did she do something wrong?"


"Is she trying to be just like Abby?"


"Jethro, you always suspect people are at their worst. She is not trying to be just like Abby. Yes, I have noticed this week that she dresses similarly, but that's not a crime and I want her as comfortable as Abby so they can work together. Did you even notice any of her differences?"


"She likes coffee, just coffee, no cream or sugar. She's 5'3" tall and she doesn't have any visible tattoos."


Jen smiled. "Apparently, they've known each other for several years now. Once I hired her, Abby told me she didn't want to say anything to influence my decision."


Shaking his head, Gibbs turned to the door. "At least this one doesn't make you want to throw something at her."


"You wanted to throw something at Chip?"


"No. I felt like shooting him. But that would've been a waste of a perfectly good bullet."