- Text Size +

It's still Monday



Gibbs and Fornell and their teams showed up at the home of Paul McCreedy. DiNozzo had the warrant in hand. Once he realized he had been caught, McCreedy went without a fight. He claimed the virus idea was for his own personal gain and not government use. No one believed him, but McCreedy wouldn't say a word to substantiate their suspicions. He knew if he talked, he'd be dead anyway. He admitted to killing Private Nash once the program had been delivered to him because he didn't need witnesses and dead men don't talk. Gibbs told him he shouldn't be too sure of that, they talk all the time to their M.E.



Abby and Carly came up for air from the lab once they got all their programs back online and working properly. The whole team was sitting around typing up their reports, a little let down at the anti-climatic way McCreedy had been taken down. The two women stepped off the elevator and Carly's stomach growled loudly.



Abby's eyes widened. "Have you eaten today?" She wanted to know.



Shaking her head, Carly answered, "I was so aggravated when the fingerprints came back hinky that I didn't stop for lunch."



"It sounds like you two lovelies need to have dinner." Tony said as they neared his desk. "I know a great place that serves….."



"Pizza!" Abby, McGee and Ziva finished for him.



"Hey, I don't eat just pizza." Tony protested. "They also have great pasta. Would you two like to join me for dinner?"


"DiNozzo!" Gibbs snapped.



"Everyone else is welcome too as long as we go dutch." Tony amended.



The agents stood and gave their reports to Gibbs. They started towards the elevator and Carly turned around, "You coming Gibbs?" She asked.



Everyone froze. There were still some lines that hadn't been crossed. Before leaving all those months ago, Gibbs would occasionally join the team for dinners. Since he had returned, everyone was on eggshells and he hadn't spent time with them off the job.



Gibbs looked up to find them staring at him. He stood, tossed his empty coffee cup away and said, "Is it good pizza Tony?"



"Sure is Gibbs." Tony answered and they all left together.