- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A date for DiNozzo? A dinner for Gibbs?

Saturday evening



Eight o'clock on a Saturday and Carly was home, dressed for bed and contemplating dinner. Looking into her cabinets and fridge she had almost decided not to cook when her doorbell rang. She walked over to the door and looked through the peephole to find Gibbs on the other side. Wondering why he was here, she quickly opened the door.



"Gibbs is everything ok?" she asked. Gibbs couldn't help but stare. Carly was wearing a fitted ribbed tank top and a pair of brief boxers. Waving her hand in front of his face, she repeated, "Gibbs is everything ok?"



He looked into her eyes, "Yes, everything's good. We found your car." He told her and stepped back so she could see it.



"My car!" She ran out to the parking lot in her pajamas and looked all around it checking for damage. Gibbs stayed at the door watching her make sure all was as it should be. Once she was satisfied all was well and no damage had been done, she walked back up to the apartment with a smile on her face. "You found my car!" She was so happy. "Wait, how'd you drive it here?"



Gibbs looked almost guilty as he handed her keys over. "I came across your keys last night and help onto them for safekeeping."



Narrowing her eyes, she took her car keys from him. "I guess it's a good thing they're on a different key chain otherwise I would have been locked out of my house last night." She couldn't pretend to be upset with him, not when he had saved her car. "Have you had dinner yet?" She asked him and pulled him into her apartment by his arm. "I was just about to cook dinner. I can make enough for two and then I can run you home."



She led him into the kitchen and started taking steaks out of the fridge. He didn't object so she took out some potatoes as well. She was startled when he moved to help her. "I'll do the steaks and you do the potatoes." He told her.



"Oh really? And what if I want to cook the steaks?"



"Then I'll do the potatoes."



He was so agreeable that she laughed and handed over the steaks.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Tony was standing in his kitchen staring at the woman joining him for dinner. He just finished ordering Chinese when she walked in the room to get a soda. Her hair was down, which meant she was ready to relax. She was wearing a black t-shirt with black pants and boots. He smiled when she caught him looking.



"Food will be here in about twenty minutes." He told her.



"Great, I'm starving." She replied. "Got any good movies we could watch?" She asked, knowing full well Tony's movie collection was well stocked and varied.



Tony smiled at her. This was the first time she had agreed to have dinner with him on a date and she insisted it be at one of their places. He walked with her back into his living room. She put in "Donnie Darko" and they settled in to watch while waiting for their food to arrive.