- Text Size +

Monday morning



McGee was on the phone when Ziva, Tony and Michelle walked in. He quietly ended his conversation and hung up the phone. Tony noticed but was in too good a mood to pester him about it.



They were putting there stuff away when Gibbs came in with his coffee. "Grab your gear. We're going to need both teams on this one Tony."



"What have we got Gibbs?" Tony asked while everyone picked up what they just put down.



"Three female Marines have gone missing from Mickey's pub. They were all contestants in the weekly competitions. Each one showed up to prepare, but never made it to the stage."



McGee and Ziva were prepared for Tony to make a remark and were almost disappointed when he said nothing.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Carly walked into the lab to find Abby building a replica of some obscure battlefield. "Not a lot to do this morning, Abby?"



"Nope, we're all caught up. But, Gibbs and Tony have a missing persons case they are working on. Ziva called it in when they were under way. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more boxes of evidence this afternoon."



"So you want to talk about Friday night?"



"About your car being stolen? You got it back in one piece right?"



"Yes, I did, thanks to you, Tony and Gibbs. That's not what I want to talk about. Why were you so bent on getting plastered?"



"I wasn't bent on getting plastered. I was just a little upset."



"Because Tony had three dates last week that weren't with you?" Carly asked and knew she hit the nail on the head. "Why don't you just go out with him? I know Gibbs has a rule and all, but we're talking about you here. You, he would let get away with murder."



A look flashed across Abby's face and Carly knew in that moment the two finally had a date. "When was it? Where did you go? You have to tell me all about it." Carly demanded.



Abby turned to her with a stubborn look on her face. Finally she said, "On one condition."



"Anything, spill already." Carly agreed not know what she was getting herself into.



"We had dinner and watched a movie at his place Saturday night. It was great how comfortable we were with each other…"



Flashback



"Mmm. This is delicious." Abby said, feeding Tony some of her lo mein for him to taste.



"That is good. Here, try this." Tony offered her his Kung Pao Chicken. They had been sharing their food with one another throughout the movie. When the movie ended, Tony had to know, "What made you finally agree to go out with me."



"Well, technically, we aren't out anywhere Tony."



"Abs." "I've wanted to say yes for weeks now, but …."



With a serious look Tony asked, "But what, Abby?"



"I didn't want to mess up and then have our friendship go down with it. I know that didn't happen with McGee, but we were never serious about it. It was just for fun." Abby said in earnest. "I don't want to lose you and if staying friends could guarantee that, then I would gladly be just friends."



Tony smiled at the woman beside him. "So why did you finally say yes?" he prompted again.



"I was tired of seeing all those women coming on and off the elevator to see you. Really, I was being to think you had a revolving door here."



Tony wrapped his arms around Abby and squeezed gently. "I am going to tell you something that you can't tell McGee. They were all for show. I never went out with any of them; they just wanted to see what the inner workings of NCIS was like."



Abby tried to pull away, but Tony held on to her. She pulled her head back and narrowed her eyes at him. "They were there to make me jealous?"



Tony grinned down at her and admitted, "Yep."



Abby slowly smiled and acknowledged, "It worked." She put her hands on his face and kissed him slowly. When they came up for air, Tony blinked, "Wow, am I glad it worked."



End Flashback



"Abby, yoo-hoo, Abby!" Carly said, waving her hand in front of her face. "Want to tell me what happened Saturday to put that look on your face?"



Abby snapped out of the memory of Saturday night and said, "Nothing. We just had dinner and watched a movie."



"Yeah, sure, I'm convinced." Carly said skeptically. "Ok, I know you'll tell me when you're good and ready."



Carly turned to start up her computer and Abby said, "Not so fast. Now for my condition."



"What do you want?" Carly asked, realizing just now what she had gotten herself into.



With a wicked grin Abby asked, "What happened Saturday night when Gibbs delivered your car?"