- Text Size +

Tuesday



Abby and Carly worked overtime after the team arrived back at NCIS Monday afternoon. They ran every print brought in and none of the matches turned out to be leads. There were only two sets of prints found at all the homes, those of the women themselves and of the people that cleaned their apartments. All three women had a cleaning service that cleaned twice a week, but they each had a different cleaning service and no leads turned up with any of the staff.



Gibbs walked into the lab with a coffee and a Caff-Pow and handed them over. Carly turned to thank him and got a shock. "You shaved?"



Abby looked at Gibbs. "Wow. A smooth face, what a nice look for you Gibbs."



"I got tired of trimming it," he told them looking at the large screen on the wall. "Have you found anything that links our three Marines other than Mickey's pub?"



Abby put her head down on the desk. "I hate giving you bad news, Gibbs, but other than the Marin Corps and Mickey's Pub, our three ladies had nothing in common."



Pursing his lips, Gibbs thought for a moment. "Need you two to come upstairs with me." He turned to walk out. Carly and Abby looked at each other, puzzled.



"Now you two. We have to get moving on this."



The ride up in the elevator took less than a minute, but that was plenty of time for crazy scenarios to fly through Abby and Carly's heads. They followed him over the where Tony and Ziva were discussing the case with Agent Lee. McGee walked around the corner shutting his cell phone at the same time.



"Hi guys." Abby and Carly said. They looked at each other. "We've got to stop doing that." They said in unison. "Really, now would be good." "I agree." Gibbs said. The women took a moment to look chastised and then just grinned at him.



"What's going on, Gibbs? Did you two find anything?" Tony asked.



"Nope, not a thing, but Gibbs wanted us to come up here." Abby answered. No one seemed to notice that Tony eyes kept going back to Abby.



"Something was happening at Mickey's Pub, we're all agreed on that." Gibbs stated to get everyone's attention back on the case at hand. "We don't know what that is and I don't like not knowing things. We are going to have to send someone in undercover to infiltrate the competition. They hold them every Tuesday and Sunday night. As far as we know, PFC's Green, Sheldon and Murphy only competed on Sunday's. They have all been missing since Sunday night. I don't have to tell you what that means for their chance of survival. We're going to have to go in tonight and see if we can find any information."



"Gibbs, I dressed up like a geek for you, I don't think it would be fair to make me dress in a bikini to be ogled by men also." Ziva told him.



"You're right. You won't be going undercover. I will let you have one guess who is." Gibbs told the team.



All at once Agent Lee and Abby were protesting. Agent Lee was appalled and told him, "I can't put on a swim suit and parade around in front of a bunch of men."



Abby's response was amused, "Gibbs, I'm not very tan. I don't think I'd get too far in the competition."



Carly stepped forward. "You're sending me in, aren't you?"



"Yes, Carly. You'll be undercover tonight." Gibbs confirmed.



At this announcement, everyone erupted in protest. Tony wanted to know why Ziva or Michelle couldn't do it.



"Because, DiNozzo, everyone at the Pub yesterday will recognize them tonight and know something is up."



"Gibbs, I was joking about not doing it, you know." Abby told him. "I don't mind, they'll just see the majority of my tats." Tony almost objected and caught himself in time.



"Carly, you did a few undercover assignments in LA?" Gibbs asked, knowing from her file she had.



"Yes, they were mainly to gather intel, but I still had to be in disguise." She acknowledged.



"Well, your disguise tonight would be a two piece." Agent Lee reminded her.



Carly looked at Michelle and asked, "How do you think I get my tan? Nude sunbathing?" She turned around to think.



"I can always get someone else." Gibbs offered.



"No, you won't have time. I just have to go home and raid my swimsuits. I'm presuming you mean to bug something on me?" Carly asked.



"Yes, we will. McGee and Abby will be working on that and your military ID."



Looking over her shoulder at Gibbs, she nodded. "So now I'm a Marine?"



"If you're a good Marine, it'll be a one night stint."



"I understand. I'll be back within the hour." Carly walked to the elevators and left the building.