- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A new investigation takes Carly out of the lab.

Gibbs walked into the lab and had to look twice at the two forensic scientists. Abby's hair wasn't in its normal pigtail style and Carly's wasn't pulled back. They turned around when they heard the door shut to see Tony stock still behind Gibbs. Abby and Carly looked at each other and shrugged.

Tony moved first. He walked between the two and put a hand on their hair. It was teased and sprayed and big. He almost asked why and then the song playing hit him. Gibbs didn't hesitate though.

"Why is your hair all over the place?"

"It's hair band day Gibbs." Abby answered calmly and stole a look at the two men from the corner of her eye.

Tony choked back his laughter.

"So where's the hair band?" Gibbs wanted to know.

Carly pointed to the music blaring from the speakers. "You know, some eighties rock bands were called hair bands because of their hair. So we decided to try the hair look out in case we'd like to do it for Halloween."

Drinking his coffee to hide his amusement, he asked, "What have you got for us?"

"Ok, the skin and blood are a definite match to Officer Granger. He's been UA for three days now. Judging by the amount of blood found at the scene, he was hurt pretty bad. He would have had to go for help." Abby told them.

"So, we checked the local doctor's offices, hospitals and clinics and got a hit." Carly added, handing over the printout then noticed the look on Tony and Jethro's faces. "We know, it's the agent's job to check these things, but we had some extra time and we weren't able to reach you." She said tapping Gibbs cell phone.

With a shared look, Tony and Gibbs said, "Good work, ladies."

As the men walked out, Abby and Carly had a laugh at the reactions they received and put their hair back to normal.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tony and Ziva checked out the clinic where Officer Granger was treated for a stab wound to the abdomen. The nurse confirmed that there was also a cut on Granger's arm and that was where the skin at the scene had come from. Granger had paid in cash and the nurse had secretly stitched him up. She told them she helped him out to his car and watched as he drove off.

"What kind of car was it?" Tony asked.

"Let me see…it was red…small…a Honda Civic I think." The nurse said.

"Are you sure?" Ziva questioned.

"Well, I could always check the video tape." The nurse said and motioned towards the camera.

"We'll take a copy of that, if you don't mind." Tony told her.

The nurse twittered at Tony and went off to get the tape.

"She should be fired for fixing him up and letting him go." Ziva stated indignantly. "Ziva, look around, this place isn't exactly a world class clinic. They probably do things like this all the time." Tony informed her.

The nurse returned with the tape and a piece of paper. "Let me know if you need any more information." She said with a giggle.

Tony smiled, "We'll do that."