- Text Size +

Carly and Abby were working on the photos from the crime scene, when Abby's phone started ringing. She looked down at the display and walked into the other room.


"Yes, Tony?" She answered.


"Hi there." He replied and she could hear the smile in his voice.


"Why are you calling me at work?"


"I wanted to hear your voice." Tony said.


"Is that all you wanted?" Abby asked glancing over at Carly to see a puzzled look on her face.


"Would you have dinner with me tonight?" Tony asked as Gibbs started shouting at him.


"Yes, now get back to work before Gibbs blows a gasket."


"Yes ma'am."


"Ooh, I love it when you say that." Abby smiled and hung up the phone.


Walking back into the lab, Carly waved her over to the pictures.


"Does this look funny to you?"


Abby looked down at the pictures. "It looks like you held the shutter down and it did a ‘burst' capture."


"That's what I thought. Now look at this." Carly picked the photos up and stacked them in reverse order. She took hold of the edges of the photos and fanned them in sequence.


"Oh my!" Abby exclaimed.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"Gibbs!" Tony shouted. "Got some footprints here."


"You know what to do DiNozzo." Gibbs shouted back. He was looking at the trees directly in line from where Carly had been snapping photos earlier. There were markings on the bark that looked like someone had been waiting for something and cut into it to waste the time away. Gibbs stood up and backed away from the tree. He looked around to see that everyone was occupied and then he looked back at the tree, squinting. His eyes opened wide. It wasn't just random markings and it wasn't from a knife. "Everyone hold your positions!" Gibbs ordered.


Everyone froze and tried to look at what Gibbs was seeing. "No one move, until I clear your area." He directed.


Tim was the first to speak up. "What do you see boss?"