- Text Size +

Gibbs, DiNozzo, McGee and Ziva arrived at Brian Bethay's residence greeted by gunshots. Search warrant forgotten, they broke down the door and found both Bethay and Granger down. McGee secured the weapons lying on the floor while Ziva checked for vitals. Bethay was gone when Ziva touched him, but Granger was hanging on.


Calling for an ambulance and Ducky, Gibbs carefully searched the house for the suspected explosives. He found them in the basement. He quickly took in the fact that Bethay had enough explosives to take out half of DC. He eased back up the basement stairs to find Tony photographing the scene. "We are going to move these two." Gibbs said quietly.


"Bombs?" Ziva questioned.


"Not that I saw, but I'm not taking that chance. Tony, you got enough pictures there?"


"Sure thing Gibbs."


"Good. McGee, you and Ziva take Granger outside. Tony and I will move Bethay and then I'll call in the bomb squad to come have a look."


They worked quickly and cautiously to get the men outside. Ducky wouldn't like the fact that Bethay had been moved, but there was no help for it. Gibbs called the bomb squad just as the ambulance arrived. The EMT's worked fast and had Granger out of there before Gibbs was off the phone. Ducky came on the scene and looked at the body.


Before he could ask questions, Gibbs cut him off, "The basements full of explosives, Duck. We couldn't take the chance of any of them being live."


Nodding, Ducky did a preliminary exam and instructed Mr. Palmer to get the body ready for transport. Finally as Ducky and Jimmy were pulling off, the bomb squad arrived. Gibbs explained once again what he saw and they figured the best way to go in was by robot. It took a little while, but at last the squad cleared the basement of any live explosives. Gibbs was relieved that nothing would go boom tonight and he and his team left the rest of the clean up to the bomb squad.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


It was well after midnight when Tony finally managed to make it home. He hadn't called Abby yet to reschedule dinner, but he knew she'd understand. He let himself into his apartment and froze. Just as swiftly as he froze, he relaxed and smiled. His Abby was muttering to herself from the kitchen. Standing in the doorway, he said, "Honey, I'm home."


Whirling, Abby ran over and jumped in his arms. "I was so worried, I just couldn't stay at my place and wait anymore."


Squeezing her tight before setting her back down, Tony said, "It's ok. I should have called once we left the scene, but…"


"But then everyone would know you were seeing someone and want to know what the big secret is."


"Exactly."


Abby smiled in understanding and turned to the fridge. "I am hungry and can only imagine that you are too. I can fix us a ham and cheese omelet but you really have to get more food than this. It's depressing looking at your refrigerator."


"I never had anyone to cook for and cook for me until you agreed to go on a date with me. Give me a few days to catch up on all I need to do, ok?" Tony joked.


Abby looked up at him from the stove where she was now starting to make the omelets. "Or maybe next time, we could have dinner out and go sight-seeing somewhere." She suggested.


Surprised, Tony walked over to stand behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist, planting little kisses on her neck.


"Go out sight-seeing huh?" He asked, making her shiver from the small little bites and kisses on her neck. "I don't know. I kinda like the view from right here."


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


The End