- Text Size +
Story Notes:
A crossover, that I hope everyone will like. Knowledge of Crossing Jordan would help, but it's not necessarally necessary
Author's Chapter Notes:
Nigel (Crossing Jordan), meets Abby online and comes for a visit. Romance ensues. Challenge #60 answer.
"Kate guess what!" squealed Abby as she came rushing into the bullpen. Kate looked up, mildly concerned about how Abby was acting.

"What?" she asked, watching the excited Goth girl skid to a halt in front of her desk.

"The whole point of saying guess what is to get the person to guess," complained Abby, bouncing up and down on her toes.

"Fine, um…you got a new coffin?" she guessed randomly.

"Yeah, but that's not what I'm talking about," answered Abby, "Nigel's coming!"

"Uh, Nigel?" asked Kate. Abby sighed.

"You know the guy I met online, at that Forensics for the Freaky Forum. I told you about him, remember?" she reminded her friend.

"How can you be so sure that he's not some psychotic serial killer or something?" asked Kate, concerned for her friend's safety.

"I already had McGee do a background check on him," said Abby reassuringly, "He's a criminologist and forensic expert at the Medical Examiner's office in Boston."

"And he's coming here?" asked Kate.

"Yup," answered Abby, "on vacation. Gets here tomorrow, I offered to let him stay at my place."

"You did? You hardly know the guy!" Kate pointed out. Abby just shrugged.

"He sounded cool enough online," she said, "I'll be fine. I'm taking tomorrow off work to go pick him up. I figured I'd bring him by here if he's interested."

"As long as Gibbs is okay with it," said Kate.

"Oh, Gibbs Schmibbs, he'll let me get away with anything," Abby replied grinning.



Abby was waiting excitedly by the baggage carousel for Nigel to arrive. She had been careful to dress exactly as she had in the picture she had sent him, it was her favorite outfit anyway, a red plaid mini-skirt with a black skull and crossbones tee. Her four inch heeled boots were black, as was her petite dog collar, complete with inlaid stones between the spikes, which was careful not to cover up too much of her tattoo. Her pigtails bounced up and down with her as she rocked back and forth scanning the faces of the crowd for him. Finally she spotted him in the mass of people and began waving energetically. Noticing her, he waved back, and made his way over to her.

"'ello, luv," he said, giving her a quick hug, before stepping back and looking her over.

"Hey Nige," she said grinning wildly, and taking his bag for him. She loved the accent…

"You look well," he commented, smiling at her enthusiasm. They began for the exit.

"Thanks! How was your flight?" she asked.

"Oh, bloody boring, luv, but you know how it is," he replied. They got to her car and she tossed his bag into the back before climbing into the driver's seat.

"So, hows about we go by my place first, and then I have to get back to work, wanna tag along?"

"Sure, sounds like a plan, luv," replied Nigel smiling.


"So this is your apartment is it?" Nigel asked as they stepped through the doorway.

"Yup," said Abby, giving him the "grand" tour, "Through there's my bedroom and the bathroom, there's the kitchen, and obviously this is the living room. The couch is all yours, it folds out into a bed."

"You wouldn't believe how much I appreciate you letting me kip here," he said, setting his bag down on the couch.

"No prob, Nige," she replied, you ready to go?"

"Whenever you are, luv," he said. Abby found that he was really beginning to grow on her. His accent, his jokes, they were all so, well, attractive. She of course hid this from him, and they left for NCIS headquarters.
Chapter End Notes:
A crossover, that I hope everyone will like. Knowledge of Crossing Jordan would help, but it's not necessarally necessary