- Text Size +

Chapter 16


Five months later......


"DiNozzo!"


"Yeah boss?"


"There's been a murder over on Kentucky Ave. Ride with Detectives Samuels and Branton. Consider your ride along request granted."


Grinning, Kira grabbed her gear, winked at her Captain and ran to catch up with the detectives. They were two of the more experienced detectives and they were the only two detectives that really talked with her since her transfer four months ago. The other detectives had given her a wide berth. They knew who her husband worked for and no one in law enforcement in DC wanted to tangle with Gibbs. Samuels and Branton, they were old school more like Gibbs than anyone in the department realized. Kira loved talking with them and sharing in their experience. Branton had told her just last week that she should go for Detective herself. Honestly, Kira had been thinking about it and wanted to talk to Tony to see what his opinion was. She hopped in the car and sat back and Samuels peeled out of the parking lot, heading for the crime scene.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


"DiNozzo!"


"Yeah boss?"


"Get down there and help Ziva process the car that was just brought in."


"On it, boss." Tony said and headed for the elevators. He smiled as the doors closed. Kira had transferred to DC and they were settling in to having only one place. He had a feeling she had something on her mind. He hoped she would talk with him soon, his curiousity was killing him. His smile grew thinking of the look on her face when they went house hunting two weeks ago. They were hoping to hear back from the realtor soon. The doors opened on the elevator and he stepped out. "Ziva, Gibbs sent me down here to help you."


"Good." she said as she stood looking in the back seat. "You can process the inside of the car."


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Gibbs stood in the door of the lab watching Abby's fingers fly over the keys. He had stood in this same place many times before and he didn't think he would tire of the sight. Walking up behind her, he wrapped her in his arms and smiled when she jumped, screaming, "Gibbs!"


He turned her around and kissed her lips softly. "Time to go home for the day, Abs. There's nothing here that can't wait until tomorrow."


She gave him a look, smiled and grabbed her bag before saying, "Ok, but if Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs questions why his test results aren't all in, I'm sending him to talk to you."


Gibbs smiled. "You do that, Abs. I'll set him straight."


She laughed as the elevator doors slid closed behind them.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


~The End~



~Calalily~