- Text Size +

"What is taking so long McGee? It's been two weeks and we still haven't located Troy McKensie. He's not that good." Gibbs fired off as he entered the bullpen.



"We're working on it boss. He disappeared off the radar approximately three and a half years ago and we're tracking him from there." Tim told him, earning a glare from his boss.



"We have found a few hints of activity under his name, but nothing concrete yet Gibbs." Ziva told him.



Abby's excited voice filled the bullpen. "Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!" She exclaimed.



All eyes turned to the video screen and Gibbs said, "What have you found Abs?"



"Well, as good as McGee and Ziva are with finding information, I didn't think I'd be able to glean anything new from the trails they've already looked at. Then I got a hit on a license from Las Vegas. Guess whose name is on it?"



"Troy McKensie." Gibbs stated, frustrated with another seeming dead end.



"Exactly! However, guess what type of license it is." Abby said with a huge grin on her face.



Tony walked in and asked, "What type of license what is?"



"A license with Troy McKensie's name on it." Ziva told him, bringing him up to speed.



"How's Kira doing, Tony?" Abby asked.



In a warning tone, Gibbs said, "Abs."



"Right." Abby nodded and held her hands up to help emphasize her point. "So, the license from Vegas is a marriage license. Good old Uncle Troy is married. And that's not the most interesting part. His wife is living right here in DC and is a nurse at UNI Hospital."



Tony and McGee paled and looked at each other.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Jeanne was fixing some soup for Kira. "How long have you known Tony?"



"Seven years. He was one of the detectives that investigated my parent's murder." Kira told her as she sank down onto the pillows piled on the couch.



"You're parents were murdered? I'm so sorry to hear that." Jeanne told her, glancing over at the young woman in sympathy.



Kira's head bobbed up and down and she told her, "Thank you."



Jeanne hesitated and then pushed forward, "Did they ever get the person or persons responsible?"



"They arrested a hit-man for it, but they never had enough proof to arrest my uncle with him."



Jeanne's jaw clenched and she quickly relaxed it. "Your uncle?"



"The cops believe to this day that my uncle was behind the murders trying to get his hands on my father's inheritance. That theory makes more sense than just a random home invasion gone wrong, you know? The thing I find most sad about it all is that my dad planned on turning over half of the inheritance to Uncle Troy once he was settled down."



Her grip on the bowl was so tight Jeanne had to force herself to let go of it and relax before taking it to Kira. "Oh really?" She asked, deceptively calm.



Kira looked up into Jeanne's eyes and noticed a hint of anger that seemed out of place. Schooling her features, Kira felt her body react in the age-old "fight or flight" readiness.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Tony was driving like a madman. Before Abby even mentioned her name, Tony knew that he had left Kira with a woman that could kill her. Cursing himself for how stupidly blind he was, Tony nearly wrecked when Gibbs reached over and smacked him.



"Now isn't the time to blame yourself, DiNozzo. Once Kira is safe, you'll have plenty of time for that." Gibbs told him as the car skidded to a halt outside Tony's apartment building.