- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my (little) Christmas present for all fellow Gibbs/DiNozzo shippers. There'll be a chapter every day, see it as your fanfiction advent calendar. By the way, this hasn't really, what? 38 chapter? It's 25 and the rest is misloading. Have fun. http://nciscrimes.proboards103.com/ Case focused NCIS roleplay
Author's Chapter Notes:
Once upon a time there was a boy who had no wish except making his daughter happy for christmas

Chapter 1: Another hard hit for Tony's family
December, 1th

McGee frowned when he entered the bullpen. Tony sat, buried in papers, at his desk. When he had left the night before they had wrapped up the case and nothing was left and therefore it was highly unusual to see Tony working at this time of day.

„Morning, Tony."

Something incoherent came back and McGee took it as an answer.

„What are you doing?"

First Tony sighed, then looked up.

„Paperwork to get permanent custody for Nick."

McGee nodded. He didn't know much, only that Tony's twelve year old daughter lived with him since two months because her mother wasn't capable to look after her anymore.

„Don't let Gibbs catch you."

„Catch him doing what?"

Gibbs strolled past them giving both a happy smile. A wiff caught Tony's nose and he was sure he smelled cinnamon. For a second Tony wondered where that could possibly come from but suddenly Gibbs stood at his desk.

„You're getting permanent custody? Rachel's not better?"

Tony shook his head.

„We were there two days ago...Nick was all that was holding her up...it's as if she has given up the fight..."

McGee couldn't deny that he was eavesdropping. It had been a shock to learn that Tony was a father, of a twelve year old (!), and he couldn't help but be curious. Before he could verbalize any question Tony's phone rang. For a few moments Tony talked with the person calling. When he hung up he rubbed his hands over his face and looked at Gibbs. The older man nodded and Tony stood and left the bullpen.

„Em..."

„She's dead, Tim."

McGee looked at him with his mouth hanging wide open and then stared after Tony.




Tony pulled to the side where an old friend of him, Detective Marshall, awaited him.

„Tony."

He said and offered him a hand. Tony noticed the red eyes of his ex-collegue but didn't mention them.

„Tom...were you..."

„I found her. This ..."

He gave Tony two envelopes.

„is for you and Nick."

Tony took them and looked at the trailer.

„You don't want to see it, buddy. There were times when she looked better."

„How?"

That lump in his throat stopped him from talking more.

„Pills and tequila. At least...hopefully...she didn't suffer."

„She did suffer, Tom. Twelve years she suffered and didn't let us know! This didn't have to happen. If I ..."

„Tony, stop, man! You did the right thing! I loved her, she was my baby sister...but it wasn't good for Nick."

Tony nodded slowly...




„Dad?"

The call came from the kitchen, like every day and Tony followed it. Nick stood at the oven, cooking something.

„Hey, Dad! Guess what! I've got an A in that math test!"

She said smiling up at him.

„That's great, honey...Nick...please sit down."

„Something wrong?"

Tony ran his hand over his face.

„Nick...your mum...she's dead."

The girl looked at him with big green eyes. Tony put the envolope with Nick's name on the table.

„This she left...NICK!"

The girl had stood and left the room before Tony could finish the sentence and he heard the door of her room slam shut.
Chapter End Notes:
This is my (little) Christmas present for all fellow Gibbs/DiNozzo shippers. There'll be a chapter every day, see it as your fanfiction advent calendar.

Have fun.

http://nciscrimes.proboards103.com/
Case focused NCIS roleplay