- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Reveille, to be short
December 12th


„Abby, I don't know."

Tony held his cell phone between ear and shoulder as he made breakfast. It was his way to repay Nick for cooking that often. She didn't talk, but she cooked...

„I'll ask her...yeah...she's up...see you later."

The girl slurfed into the kitchen. That was new, too. Usually she was a morning person, what lead to jokes from Tony that if hadn't been there he wouldn't believe she's his daughter.

„Hey, Nick. Abby just called. She said you might be interested in a guided tour through the lab?"

She shrugged.

„That a yes?"

She nodded and shrugged at the same time. He put her plate in front of her and again they ate in silence.



„Hi, Nick!"

Abby said and hugged the girl nearly ignoring Tony. She immidiatly tugged her towards her new baby, Tony couldn't remember the name of it but Abby was extremely proud. She started her usual geek blubber and Nick even seemed to understand it. She never failed to surprise Tony and with a wave of his hand he went up into the bullpen.



Most of the morning went without anything big happening. Around eleven they caught a case and at noon they were done with the scene and back in the office. Tony felt Gibbs‘ eyes on him all day but he made it through it without Gibbs getting him to talk. He still wanted to tell Gibbs all his sorrows but he had enough control to keep it to himself.

The two of them went into the lab to see what Abby could get out of the evidence.

„Hi, guys!"

Abby called when the door opened and just then she turned around.

„You became a psychic?"

Tony laughed and spotted his daughter coming from the ballistic lab. He turned to the computer Abby was about to show them something when something unexpected happened.

„Santa!"

Three pairs of eyes were on Nick. The girl stared at Gibbs in return.

„What did you say, honey?"

Tony asked crouching down on her level.

„He's Santa Clause, Dad! You see? I told you he's real!"

Tony looked at his daughter, then at Gibbs, back at his daughter.

„Sweety, that's my boss, Jethro Gibbs. He's not Santa Clause."

He laughed and looked at the other two for support, but didn't found it. They changed a look and Gibbs sighed.

„Actually, Tony, she's right."

„What?"

The young man simply glared at Gibbs.

„What the hell are you thinking?"

„Tony, she's right. I am Santa Clause!"

„Sure, and Abby's an elf!"

„Yep, I am."

Nick and Tony looked from one to the other.

„You're not."

It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

„I am. Tony, think about it..."

„I don't want to think about it! You're not Santa Clause! And Abby's not an elf! Santa Clause does not exsist! If you think that'd help Nick you're wrong! How am I suppose to tell her now that it's not true? Huh? As if I hadn't had enough problems already!"

She took his daughter by her hand and went out.
Chapter End Notes:
Same as usual