- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
After the incident.
December 13th


It was early in the morning but Nick woke from the scent of bacon and coffee. When she got into the kitchen the room was litterly spick and span. She looked at her father but Tony was busy cleaning the dishes. Noticing that he didn't change the plate for more than five minutes she took it out of his hand and started to dry it. He looked at her and continued with another dish.

He nodded towards the table and she saw a plate for her but none for him. He shook his head when she looked at him and she sat down and started to eat.

"Dad?"

Tony didn't turn but she assumed he was listening.

"You're boss is really not Santa?"

Her voice was low and she swallowed when she noticed his rubbing on the dish becoming harder. She took it as a hint that he didn't want to talk about it right now and she returned to her meal.




The day stayed silent in the DiNozzo apartment. Tony didn't try to talk to Nick and she was just as happy about it. One could think Tony was more than happy about the few words his daughter had said but of all he wanted to hear, that Gibbs was Santa Clause was nothing of it.

When the phone rang around noon Tony didn't even bothered answering. He had called the director's assistant that morning that he would take a few days of because of personal problems and knowing about Tony's situation at home Cynthia had called back that the director had given him the week off.

"Dad, it's Abby."

Nick said entering Tony's office with the phone. He simply shook his head.

"He can't get on the phone right now, Abs...yeah, try it later."

She hung up and sat on the chair next to Tony's desk.

"Is this the paypack for the days I didn't talk?"

"It's not."

"Oh, it's alive...Dad, c'mon."

"What? I have off and I don't want to talk to them at the moment...If you need me you know where I am. If one of them calls I'm not at home."

"Maybe you should talk to Sa...to Gibbs."

She caught it just as he threw her a glare. She still believed that Gibbs was in fact Santa Clause.

"No. Talking to him didn't help and it won't help."

He turned back to his laptop and continued typing what ever he was working on. She nodded and left the room but she took the phone with her. Tony sighed. He knew he wasn't doing this the way he should but everything was just too much.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry 'bout the shortness. All mistakes mine, no money made and so on...