- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Talk
December 17th

Tony paced the room up and down. Gibbs had told him to wait here while he talk to Nick. Tony point blank hated that. It was his daughter to cry out loud, not Gibbs'. He didn't care anymore if Gibbs really was Santa or not, he still thought this wasn't right. He felt slightly like a prisoner although he thought that if he told Gibbs that he really wanted to go he could. And that was what pissed him off the most. He wanted to go. His mind kept telling him that. Telling him to grap Nick and get the hell away from this nightmare. But as soon as Gibbs stood in front of him he realised that this wasn't a nightmare. Maybe it was a dream but then it was a good one. He wanted to be close to Gibbs and he wanted to close the issue between him and Nick and here, so it seemed, he would have the opportunity.

Finally the door opened and Gibbs entered with Nick.

"Hey, honey."

Tony said but his voice not as strong as he wanted it to be.

"Hey, Dad."

They sat down at the huge wooden table.

"First of all, I want to apologize about when I yelled at you because you went to Gibbs. I was worried when you weren't there."

Tony said and she looked at the tabletop.

"I know. And I'm sorry that I ran off."

Tony nodded. He looked at Gibbs but the older man seemed deliberately oblivious to the small family in the room.

"Nick, tell me what you feel. About your Mum, about me, what ever you want."

The girl shifted uncomfortable.

"It's my fault."

She whispered.

"It's my fault she killed herself. I looked after her all my life and when she really needed me I wasn't there. I thought that if I talk about her death...it would suddenly be real. As long as I didn't say it out loud it could have been a bad dream...but I know it isn't. I miss her, Dad."

"I know, honey. And I miss her, too. But she wouldn't want you to stop living."

"Neither would she want you to stop living."

Tony frowned about the statement but pushed it aside.

"It's not about me, Nick. I want you to be happy. Tell me what I can do?"

She looked up at him and then at Gibbs. Tony caught the shrug of the older man.

"Just be there if I need you and let me be there for you if you need me. I want to be your friend again, not just your daughter."

Tony smiled and pulled Nick in a hug.

"Shall we go home now?"

"Actually, I think it's for the best if you stay just a little longer."

Gibbs said. Tony first frowned at him but his daughter smiled.

"Can we, please, Dad? Abby promised me I could help making presents!"

Tony looked from Nick to Gibbs and then sighed.

"Ok, but just for a little."
Chapter End Notes:
Short, I know.