- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony wants to go home but something stops him
December 19th



"Pleasant."

Ducky said over the icy silence at the big table. Tony poked around on his plate but didn't eat. Nick looked from her father to Gibbs but neither of them reacted. Abby changed a look with McGee.

"Such a nice little dinner with friends."

Ducky continued and didn't receive an answer again. He sighed and returned to his meal.

"Can we go home after dinner?"

Tony finally said and looked directly at Gibbs. For a moment the older man didn't react. Then he put down his fork and knife, stood up and left. Before the door closed Tony heard excessive coughing. Unsure what to do Tony leant towards Ducky.

"Duck, you're sure he's ok?"

"What do you mean?"

Tony frowned. From the tone of voice Ducky knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Duck, he's coughing his lungs out... I know how that feels like."

The last he said low enough so Nick wouldn't hear him. They never had told her how serious it had been when he had had the plague although he thought she already knew. Tony looked around the table and noticed nobody moving and everybody but Nick had returned to their meal. He shook his head and followed Gibbs.

"Gibbs? Jethro?..."

He walked towards his own room but couldn't think the older man would be there.

"Hey, you...em...small Elf! Where's Gi...Santa?"

The elf, that really looked like a girl younger than Nick, pointed to a door and Tony thanked her politely. He knocked and waited. No answer. He knocked again. Still nothing.

"Coming in."

He called and opened the door walking in as if it was the most natural thing to do.

"Ever heard of privacy?"

Gibbs asked annoyed and gave him a glare.

"What's wrong with you? You said we could go home when I talked to Nick. I did, we're clear. Now I want to go home. And what's with all that coughing and don't say it's a small cold because I know it isn't!"

"I don't want you to go home."

Gibbs shrugged and approached Tony. It wasn't before Gibbs tried to touch his face when he backed away.

"Jethro, I still can't do this."

Gibbs opened his mouth but closed it again, once in his life speechless.

"I want to go home."

Gibbs nodded and went to open the door for Tony.

"Ok, I'll bring you home tomorrow...but Tony if you go now there's no way back."

Tony stayed at his spot unsure what to do next. Then he nodded and walked towards the door.

"I'm sorry, Jethro."

"I just don't get it...I thought once you ok with Nick..."

Another coughing fit hit him. Tony caught his arm to keep him on his feet but after a minute the lack of oxigen won and Gibbs fainted and when Tony tried to catch him they slowly slid onto the floor.

"HELP!"

Tony yelled and he noticed his own voice being high pitched. The door flew open and Ducky, McGee and Abby, followed by Nick stormed in.

"Tony, go out."

"I won't go now, Ducky!"

"Tony! Go with Nick!"

Abby said and her voice didn't leave room for interpretation.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for the feedback and everything I said before *g*