- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony tries to get to his daughter and seeks advice
December 2th

„Nick?"

Tony carefully knocked at his daughter's door.

„Nick, c'mon, open up."

He waited for some reaction but nothing came.

„Coming in!"

He called and opened with his key. As much as he respected her wish to be alone he hadn't seen her since the night before. The room was completely dark and there was a lump on the bed he figured to be his daughter.

„Nick, you want to stay at home today?"

The lump stirred slightly. At least I know she's alive, Tony thought warily.

„I've got to get to work...I'll come home for lunch...anything I can get you?"

Again no answer.

„Nicole Amber Marshall! Look at me."

Slowly the girl turned. Although she had his eyes she reminded him a lot on her mother, at least how she once looked. The soft mahagony brown hair and the usual porcelain teint.

„Listen, I know you're gonna miss her, and believe me, I'll miss her aswell. I won't tell you not to be sad but I want you to know that I'm here, ok, honey?"

She nodded slightly.

„Good, can I bring you anything for lunch?"

She shook her head.

„Ok..."

He kissed the top of her head.

„call me if you need me."




Tony sat there staring at the steaming cup in front of him.

„It's my fault."

Blue eyes were locked intensely on his face and although he didn't look up he was positive he wouldn't find understanding in them. He had been surprised when Gibbs had offered him a coffee and even more when they had stayed at the coffee shop.

„It's not."

„You're saying it's her fault?"

Tony couldn't help but feel angry. There were people to blame but since none of them were there he blamed the two persons available. Himself and Gibbs. Of course it was stupid, Gibbs had never met Rachel but logic wasn't his main concern.

„I wasn't saying that."

Gibbs answered calmly.

„It wouldn't help Nick if you'd blame yourself."

„But if I hadn't taken her Nick away, if I had tried to help her more, if I had kept an eye on her..."

„If, if, if. Tony, ifs won't bring her back. Listen, go home, talk to Nick. Watch out that she's ok. That should be your main concern. Live among the living, Tony."

The younger man frowned at his boss. When did he turn into somebody who gives advises?




„Nick?"

Tony called when he entered the apartment with two buckets of fried chicken wings from KFC, Nicks favourite. He found her on the couch zapping through the channels.

„Got something to eat."

He said holding one bucket out for her. She didn't even looked away from the screen.

„Nick, your favourite."

No answer again. He took the control out of her hand and gave her a bucket. He put on a football game, NCF, Southern Miss at Houston, and opened two canes of coke.

„Five bucks on Houston."

Tony grinned at her but she didn't react.

„Ok, you don't want to joke, fine, but you will eat, got me?"

She sighed annoyed but she ate at least a few wings and drank something. Before Tony could say anything she was back in her room.
Chapter End Notes:
Same as before