- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Nick's got her own oppinion on things
December 20th



Tony paced his room up and down and suddenly it didn't seem all that big anymore. Sure, he wanted to go home, back into reality where he could tell himself that this was just a weird dream, but on the other hand he didn't really wanted to leave Gibbs. Not like this. Gibbs was right, if he went now then it would be over. All of it.

The door opened and Nick came in. First she gave him a glare and then she sat on the couch crossing her arms over her chest.

"Ok, what did I do now?"

"You were mean to Santa! Nobody's mean to Santa Clause!"

For a moment he was too shocked to answer.

"Nick, ok, maybe he is Santa Clause but he's also Gibbs, my boss, and my boss is a bastard who is mean to everybody he wants to. If anything I wasn't mean to Santa but to Gibbs."

"That doesn't make a difference!"

"What is the problem here?"

She snorted and Tony reallized how much she came after her mother. Rachel often had used the "you know exactly what the problem is" snort.

"Why are you pushing him away?"

"What?"

"I know you're in love with him! I saw him at home and I saw you kissing."

"I didn't want you to see that."

His voice was low and he looked everywhere but his daughter.

"But still I saw it! And now you're pushing him away! And he loves you! Why can't you two idiots see that?"

"Nick, it's not that easy!"

"It would be! He's sick and you only want to leave! He needs you, Dad! He needs you to be there for him but you don't want to for what stupid reason I don't know! And you didn't tell me! You always told me about everything but not when you're really in love! Did you even notice that I was lying next to you when you cried the whole night?"

By now she was yelling and standing, looking down at her father who now sat on the bed.

"I didn't."

He whispered.

"I won't go home. Not before Santa is better."

With that she turned to the door and left just as Abby entered the room.

"Hey, Tony. Gibbs said I should bring you home."

Tony sat on the bed chewing on his thumb nail. Finally he looked up and sighed.

"I'm not going, Abs. Nick wants...Nick wants to stay. Can I see Gibbs?"

Her eyes widened slightly and she shook her dark pony tails.

"Ducky's with him right now. And he should stay in bed."

"What is it?"

"Oh, probably nothing. Don't you worry."

She smiled a false smile at him and left him alone with his thoughts.
Chapter End Notes:
Do I have to?