- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Finally Tony finds the guts
December 21st


Tony walked through the factory trying to be unsuspicious. Talking quietly to different female elves he had charmed over the days he made it to the coridor Gibbs' room was in, but now he was nervous. What should he tell him? That he was staying because his daughter yelled at him? That he didn't want to go just because? Should he lie?

"He's Santa Clause, lying wouldn't be a good idea."

Tony muttered warily and came to a huge door, even bigger than all other doors which already were huge. Must be his room, he thought and knocked. No answer, just as expected but he entered anyway.

Standing in the door he could only stare at the man he saw. Gibbs' face was pale and he had dark shadows under his eyes. Before he knew it he was at the man's side and had his hand tightly in his own.

"Tony?"

His voice was just as weak as he looked and Tony tried hard to surpress the tears when he saw the usual unvulnerable man in this state.

"I'm here, Jethro...and I'm not going away."

A small smile shot over the older man's face and he squeezed Tony's hand.

"Nick ripped you a new one, right?"

"How'd you know?"

"She did the same with me. Some time ago, before you were here..."

He coughed again.

"Jethro, what is it? Why are you sick?"

Gibbs started to shake his head.

"Don't say it's just a cold."

"It's the flu."

Tony cocked his head and gave Gibbs the "don't gimme that crap" look.

"You once said you never had even a cold and now you're telling me that Leroy Jethro "Santa Clause" Gibbs has the flu three days before Christmas? C'mon, what is it? I'm worried."

Gibbs opened his mouth and Tony saw another smart ass answer coming up but then he closed it again and shrugged.

"I don't know. But I feel like shit."

Tony ran a hand over Gibbs' forehead making a mental note to ask Ducky later. His hand went unconscious into the older man's hair which were surprisingly soft.

"Tony? Are you staying?"

"I already told you...oh..."

He fought himself a smile on his face although it was difficult.

"I'm staying, Jethro. Promise me you'll be better."

Gibbs licked his dry lips and then brought up Tony's hand that was still in his and kissed it lightly.

"I love you."

Tony did notice that he didn't get an answer.

"Love you, too."

He bend down to kiss him but Gibbs turned his head away.

"I could be contagious."

"Do I look as if I care?"

"Tony, you got Nick. If it's something..."

Before he could finish Tony had kissed him. Only a peck but it was enough to show Gibbs the affection had had withhold the last days, and years.
Chapter End Notes:
I'm annoyed by summeries...all the same, just wanted to say that I'm not native english, so sorry if there are wrong word and stuff. Also, over here in Germany we don'T really have Santa CLause, or not the American version of it, so sorry if I mixed anything up.