- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Nothing new but Gibbs needs something.
December 4th

Gibbs walked into Abby's lab immidiatly turning the music down but not shutting it off.

„Hey bossman. What brings me the pleasure?"

„You've got something for me, Abs?"

He asked in a low voice and she turned to her computer. He caught her arm and turned her towards the desk.

„Oh...actually, yeah. Ducky brought it in. He said Gerald was shocked that..."

Gibbs was already flipping through the letters she had given him and he definitely wasn't spending attention.

„Abby, I need a particular one."

He said putting these in his pocket.

„What one?"

She put up a laptop she used to keep in one of her cupboards.

„NAM 5302"

Her hands stopped over the keyboard.

„But isn't that..."

„Yeah."

Typing she shook her head.

„I don't think we still have input there. NAM 5299, NAM 5300, 5301...there it is...no. Not on the list anymore. There wasn't input for two years, that throws it off the list. Your rule."

„I know that it's my rule, send Gerald there anyway."

Abby nodded confused when Gibbs walked out of the lab.









„Are you actually working or just staring at the computer screen?"

Tony looked up slowly. He wasn't very surprised that Gibbs‘ voice wasn't as grumpy as usually. In the last days his mood had been exceptionally good and he had been very nice to Tony. Probably laid something, Tony thought sourly but fought to get the picture of Gibbs‘ sweaty body on top of some female out of his head.

„Rachel's funeral is tomorrow. I have no idea what to do with Nick...you need more?"

„I think you need coffee, c'mon."

Tony followed the older man into the elevator. He did notice Ziva looking after him and probably he would have done the same in her place.






„Still nothing from Nick, huh?"

Gibbs asked carefully and Tony shook his head.

„I called the school today. They said they understand that under those circumstances she needs time to recover and since it's only three weeks until holidays it's fine if she stays at home...I would like her to go back as soon as possible but..."

He shrugged. Gibbs politely thanked the girl for the coffee, another thing Tony had learned, Gibbs was always polite to the „coffee-girls".

„Listen, why don't you just wait until after the funeral. Maybe, after she said good bye, maybe then she can think a bit more realistic about it."

„You think after the funeral she will talk to me?"

Gibbs shrugged.

„Maybe. Tony. The situation you're in is very tricky...I think everybody reacts differently to this."

Tony nodded.

„Why don't you come over tomorrow night. We drink some beer, have a pizza, watch a game. And Abby spents sometime with Nick. Maybe she talks to Abby."

„Yeah, maybe..."
Chapter End Notes:
I know it's all a bit confusing now but isn't it good to be a little cryptic if the surprise is good, isn't it?