- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is complicated...
December 7th


Abby looked up when she felt his presence but his face let her swallow everything he was about to say.

„Tell me you've got it."

He said and she bit her lower lip.

„I've got it."

She said slowly.

„You're lying?"

„Yes...I had no opportunity to get it. Sorry, Gibbs."

He nodded slowly.

„And Gerald had no luck either?"

„No, and I mean...he gets them all!...Usually..."

Gibbs nodded again and then sighed.

„Did Tony tell you?"

„Yeah...he wasn't in the best mood when he got home...Not what I'd expect after...what happened?"

Gibbs shrugged.

„He thinks it's not good for Nick...maybe he's right,...I mean I can understand his sorrows...but that doesn't mean I have to like it."

„Sure, but there's nothing you can do against it anyway."

Suddenly Gibbs frowned.

„What if there is..."

„Huh?"

„What if Nick is better...then there wouldn't be a reason why Tony couldn't be with me, right?"

„Em...I guess..."

Smiling Gibbs walked towards the door.

„I suppose you have a plan?"

Abby called after him but he was long gone.




Tony entered Nick's room after he had knocked. She sat at her desk doing the homework Tony had picked up from a friend of her. He kissed the top of her head, tired of talking and not getting an answer. It was then that he noticed yet another letter for Santa Clause on her desk.

„Honey..."

He started but he wasn't sure if he should go on. If it helped her in any way, maybe it was good. She looked at him with big eyes and he smiled.

„You want pizza tonight?"

She shrugged one sholder and he nodded. It was the most common answer from her nowadays.

„Nick...I know this is a hard time but it's not helping your mother that you're turning yourself inside. I want to help you...Ok, if you don't want to talk to me...maybe you can talk to Abby...Nick, c'mon, babe, talk to me."

The girl just sighed and Tony took the hint. He stood up and looked at his little princess once more before he closed the door. This time he succeeded to surpress his tears. How was he supposed to be a father if his girl wasn't talking to him?

You are no father anyway, that cynical voice in his head chimed and he sighed. It was true. He was no father, never had been. He didn't knew what a father does, his father definitely was not a good example, and most definitely not one he wanted to live after.

Gibbs was a father once, the same voice said and he shook his head. He couldn't go to Gibbs. Not after what had happened. The other man would get it wrong, or worse he would see it as what it is, a try to be near him. Why was this all so fucking complicated?
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry for the short chapters. Thanks for the feedback...oh and this is not betaed so all mistakes are mine...and I can imagine there are a lot of them.