- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Visitors for Gibbs and some more fights.
December 14th


Slightly annoyed Gibbs went to the door at a low knock. He wondered who would come at that time especially when he was once in his life late for work. It definitely was a surprise to see Nick in front of his door.

"Nick, what are you doing here?"

"Can I talk to you?"

Gibbs nodded and stepped aside. Leading her into the kitchen he sat down opposite her, oblivious that he had to go to work.

"You have to talk to Dad."

He sighed.

"I don't think he wants to see me."

"He doesn't believe you that you're Santa Clause but I know that you can help him...us..."

"Nick, have you tried to talk to him? That's what he really needs."

The girl shook her head determined.

"He needs you. I saw you at home the other night...I saw you kissing dad...what did you do to him?"

"What do you mean?"

Gibbs was honestly confused. He hadn't noticed that Nick had woken up while he was at Tony's apartment getting the letter and now he thought Tony's sorrow that Nick wouldn't take it good were true.

"You went into his bedroom and a minute later you left...and he cried. I stayed the whole night with him but I think he didn't even notice me. Why did you hurt him?"

"I didn't."

Gibbs said low.

"He wanted me to leave."

Nick looked sadly.

"I'm sure he has his reasons for that...but Santa, he hasn't eaten anything yesterday and he was barely talking...that's not my Dad anymore."

"I can't help him if he doesn't want me to help him."

"Try!"

She said and stood up.

"I need my Dad and I know that it's partly my fault that he is like that. If I could do it again...I would do it different...and now he doesn't want to talk to me anymore...We never were that distant...even when he was living in Baltimore and we were still in Philly..."

A loud knock on the door interrupted her. Gibbs mentioned her to wait a moment and went to open. In front of the door stood a very pissed Tony.

"Is she here? NICOLE!"

He pressed past Gibbs into the kitchen where he found his daughter.

"In the car right now."

He said fuming. She looked from him to Gibbs.

"What part didn't you understand?"

When she left for the car she had tears in her eyes and Tony waited until the door had closed.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?"

He yelled at Gibbs.

"She came to me, Tony!"

"Have you any idea how worried I was? I wanted to wake her and she wasn't there! Why did you have to tell her that you're Santa Clause?"

"Tony, I am..."

Before he was finished Tony stormed out of the house.

"Fucked up royally."

Gibbs muttered as the door slammed shut.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry 'bout the douple posting, dunno what's going on with this. Noticed I'm apologizing often in the last days...well, promise to have a long chapter in two days and after that. Thanks for reading anyway.