- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The NCIS crew are working on a case in which Navy Admin. workers died in one night in an arson attack. Both of these people were in love with eachother but neither had the guts to tell the other how they felt. Everyone else they worked with knew how each of them felt. This reminds the whole NCIS crew of Tony and Kate.
Ducky walks into abby's forensics lab with a box full of the evidence

"i don't know if i can pull anything from this, most of its charcoaled" says Abby looking through the box.

"never stopped you before Abigail" replies Ducky "just have faith in yourself"

"i suppose"

As Ducky turns to walk away Abby calls out "Hey ducky,dont you think this case is slightly creepy"

Ducky turns back and sits on a chair next to Abby "what makes you think that?"

"nothing" replies Abby "its just that the vics remind me of Tony and Kate, i mean from what Gibbs was saying about his interview with the vics' coworkers they were pretty much in love with eachother. it scares teh hell out of me"

"and that reminds you of Tony and Kate how?"

"Oh come on Ducky! Don't tell me you don't notice them around eachother."

"I never met the Deceased before they arrived on my autopsy table"

"no not them, Tony and Kate" Abby says in a jokingly impatient tone

"oh, well of course i do. Like a pair of lovesick hounds too afraid to show their feelings to anyone"

"exactly!"

"but i still dont understand why this scares you abigail"

"well the vics both liked eachother, had never told the other about their feelings, and thought that nobody but theirselves knew their true feelings. i'm just scared that either Tony or Kate will die before they get together. and we all know that in this Job anything could happen."

"well dont worry my dear," ducky says with a plotting smile on his face " i have a feeling that things will change quite soon"

"ooooh im intrueged ducky, what are you planning"

"oh me, nothing. lets just say i know exactly how to scare them"

Ducky turns round and walks slowly away leaving Abby with a broad smile on her face just wondering what Ducky could have in mind.