- Text Size +
"It's just too freaky Abs." Kate was saying to her friend. "I mean they never told eachother how they felt an then they ended up dead. What if thats how it iw with me and Tony. I have to tell him how i feel if theres the slightest possibility that he could feel the same way."
"It's your call Kate, but personnally i think you should go for it." Abby said punching the air feircly and ending up spinning herself off of her chair. "oops. too much caffeine for me huh."
"You really think i should tell him? What if he rejects me or worse thinks its a joke."
"Just trust me Kate. I mean after all, you don't want to end up liek our crispy critters now do you?"
"What?...Oh." Kate said in realisation. It was true, she didn't want Tony or herself to die before she got the chance to tell him how she felt about him.
"So...?" Abby awoke Kate from her thoughts. "When you gonna tell him?"
"No time like the present." Kate replies seeing Tony entering the Lab.
"Hey Kate. Gibbs asked me to look for you. We have a lead on the arsonist." He said walking in, not wanting to look at her because every time he does he just wants to grab her into a passionate embrace and kiss like there's no tomorrow.
"'kay." says Kate standing up and going to leave the lab with Tony, letting Tony get slightly ahead before turning round and mouthin 'wish me luck' to Abby who sticks both thumbs up in reply and falling off her chair again with excitement.

"Isn't Gibbs coming with us?" Kate asked as they got into Tony's car.
"He's meeting us there. I wouldn't get in a car with him if he was driving."
Kate smiles remembering her near death experience last time she got in a car with Gibbs.
"Hey Kate...can i talk to you?"
"I believe you are already." Kate replied hoping what was coming next was what she thought.
"Erm...well you know those two people. Zara and Daniel."
"Our vics?" Kate prompts
"Yeah...well, Abby found out that they were-"
"In love only neither of them knew about the ohters feelings, yeah yeah. Is there a point to this DiNozzo?" Kate interrupted, she couldn't believe how unkind she was being. She supposed it was just the nervousness of being rejected boiling up inside of her.
"Well...i just keep thinking, there's this girl i like...and i mean really like, and i don't want anything to happen to either of us before i get a chance to tell her how i feel about her. I think i'm in love with her.
"Tony..."
"Kate, let me finish. Anyway, I really like this girl and have done since we met. And this whole thing with Zara and Daniel has made me think, i just have to tell her how i feel. It's just that...i don't know how she's going to react."
"DiNozzo? Are you asking me for tips on how to ask some girl out?" She couldn't bear to use his first name or look at him, she was going to burst into tears any minute. She didn't want him to see her cry.
Tony could tell she was upset and decided he was being too subtle. "No stupid. It's you."
"It's...me?" She said wiping away her tears.
Tony grabbed her and kissed her as he stopped the car.
"Hm-hm" They broke apart as they heard Gibbs' cough from outside the car.