- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Someone is watching...

He was watching the four women have lunch. They had caught his eye the first time two weeks ago. Four women so different and so beautiful. He had taken a table close to theirs pretending to be absorbed in the book he was holding. Listening to their conversation, he found they came to this bistro weekly and they'd be back the following week.



His observations of them during that time had caused him to reject the curly-haired woman as a candidate. He liked a challenge, but she would no doubt prove too much for him.



This week, he was once again sitting close enough to hear them talking.



~*~*~*~*~*~*



"Palmer?" Ziva asked, trying to see what the young agent saw in him.



"Yes." Michelle said, motioning for them to keep their voices down.



"Really?" Abby asked, intrigued. She had never pictured Jimmy in that light.



"Yes!" Michelle exclaimed, utterly embarrassed.



"Way to go, Michelle!" Carly told her.



The young woman flashed her a relieved smiled and Abby followed suit with, "It's about time."



Michelle blushed at all the attention. Ziva was amused at her new friends discomfort when all at once her senses went on alert. Someone was paying too much attention to them. She started gathering her trash.



"Come on, we have to get back to work." She said.



Abby looked up from talking with Michelle ready to object, knowing they were for once without an active case to work. She caught the look on Ziva's face and picked up her drink.



"You're right. Carly and I have to run those samples Ducky sent us."



Carly and Michelle picked up their trash and grabbed their bags. Within a minute they were out the door, walking back to headquarters.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Watching the women walking away, he made his choice. He smiled. She was in for a big surprise.