- Text Size +

Cole was beyond angry. He still hadn't accounted for how the women had escaped. They hadn't had help from their co-workers, he knew because he had been watching them investigate the scene. He hadn't liked not knowing why they had rushed away from Carly's house as fast as they had so he returned to the abandoned store where he had the women tied up only to find them gone. Once he had realized they would run straight back to work, he quickly drove himself to a discreet distance from the parking area for the agents and watched as Carly had walked out, entirely too close to the lead agent at her side. Again, he realized he had been wrong about her. He thought she would have gone for the younger, more brash Federal Agent, but she chose the older, seasoned veteran to spend her time with. They weren't so caught up in conversation on the drive to Carly's that he could risk following closely. He stayed back and watched as they walked hand-in-hand into her apartment. Seething, Cole had watched her fix him lunch and then shamelessly let him take her on the table. He drove back to his place working through his plan to get Carly and make her pay for her deceit and her inability to be faithful to him.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Carly woke up early the next morning and stretched. She was still tired from the workout she and Jethro had been through since yesterday afternoon. Looking at the clock she noted the time. 0530. The shower turned on and she smiled. He had stayed the entire night. She wasn't going to fool herself into thinking it was because he couldn't help himself. He had stayed because of the case and because Cole was still out there. Smiling broader, she remembered giving him a few other reasons to stay as well.



Knowing the coffee would start automatically, she slid out of bed, not self-conscious about her naked form. Padding in bare feet to the bathroom, she saw Jet tense through the stall door right before she joined him.



"I'm almost finished." He told her as she wrapped her arms around his waist.



"Hmmm," Carly murmured as she rubbed her cheek against his back. "Could I convince you to start again?"



Jethro turned in her arms and gave her a stern look. "We have to be at work soon and in case you didn't notice, I don't have a change of clothes here."



"We don't have to be there that soon." She told him and ran her nails up his thighs.



His eyes started a slow burn that she took as a good sign as she took him in her hands. He backed her against the wall of the shower and lifted her. Carly wrapped her legs around his waist as she took him inside. Now this was a great morning.