- Text Size +

Ducky had decided that morning to take Palmer out to lunch with him. They needed to talk about all these visits Special Agent Lee was making to Autopsy. When they arrived at the restaurant, Jimmy's gaze was drawn to the group of women in a corner table. Ducky noticed and sighed. It was as he thought. Young Palmer was infatuated with the Special Agent and she seemed to return the feelings.



He led the young man to a table nearby and the women said in unison, "Hi Ducky. Hi Jimmy."



Michelle quickly looked away.



Carly and Abby, never shy, asked the men, "Would you like to join us? We've just placed our orders."



Jimmy stuttered trying to answer and Ducky stepped in, "We'd love to. Wouldn't we, Mr. Palmer?"



"Yes, that would be nice." Jimmy finally said.



The women smiled as they sat down and Ducky studied their faces. They had a secret.



"We were just telling Michelle that her flowers were gorgeous." Carly began.



"You got flowers?" Jimmy asked her. "Who were they from?"



"The card was signed 'An Admirer'." Michelle told him, unable to understand why he was looking angry.



"An admirer?" Jimmy questioned again.



Michelle leaned close to him to whisper, "Why are you getting angry? No one knows you sent them."



"But I didn't send them." Jimmy denied in a loud voice.



"It's ok Jimmy, we're not going to tell Gibbs." Abby tried to assure him.



"I didn't send Michelle flowers." Jimmy protested. "They aren't from me. I would have written…" he trailed off as he was about to reveal the pet name Michelle had started calling him.



Intrigued, Carly started to ask him to continue. Abby stopped her from it though.



"If you didn't send them, who did?" Abby asked as a chill ran down her back. She looked at Ziva, "You said last week you felt someone was scrutinizing us and now Michelle has received flowers from some stranger."



"We don't know they are connected Abby." Ziva and Ducky said at the same time.



Abby had an uneasy feeling but she stayed quiet about it. She was worried that the two were indeed connected, but she didn't want to upset Michelle and Jimmy if they weren't. She smiled and agreed the flowers must have come from someone who appreciated Michelle's work on a case. Inside though, in her gut, she knew something was wrong with this picture.