- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Agent Lee is missing.....

Michelle left Jimmy's apartment late that night. She arrived at her building and groaned at the time. It was 0130 and she had to be at work at 0630 to get caught up on paperwork. Shutting the engine off, she got out of her car smiling. She never made it to her front door.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Carly lost a bet to Ziva and her punishment was to bring coffee to everyone every day for a week. As far as she was concerned, she was grateful it wasn't worse and she also got her morning coffee in the bargain. Setting the cups on Tim's desk she didn't get a chance to hand the cups out before Gibbs grabbed one and took a gulp.


A look of distaste came across his face as he spit the coffee into the wastebasket.


"That wasn't coffee." He stated gruffly.


"Oh course not, it's flavored water with a caffeine kick." Carly smarted off. "That's why there's a giant T on that one, it was for Tony."


Tony walked up and took the cup from Gibbs. "Excuse me for not destroying my taste buds with that mud you two drink."


"Mud?!" Gibbs and Carly said.


"Yes, mud. It's plain coffee with nothing added and it's so strong it could toss Ziva around."


Carly laughed and passed out the other cups of coffee. She looked around and asked, "Where's Michelle?"


Tim shrugged, "Haven't seen her this morning."


"But it's 0800. She was supposed to be here an hour and a half ago." Carly was getting concerned, wondering if Abby's feeling the previous day was right.


"Why don't you ask Palmer when she left his place last night?" Gibbs asked, drinking his coffee.


Everyone froze. Ziva and Carly stared at each other as if asking how he knew. Tony's jaw dropped and all he could get out was, "Palmer?!"


Tim was in shock, just looking at Gibbs wondering how he always managed to know things. That was the exact state that Ducky and Jimmy walked in on just a few seconds later.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Once it had been established that Michelle had been at Jimmy's but left to get some rest at home before work, Gibbs notified the security at her apartment complex. Sure enough her car was in it's spot. Knowing in his gut he wasn't going to like what he'd find, he had ordered the security guard to stay with the car until he arrived. The team had left a distraught Jimmy in Ducky, Carly and Abby's capable hands and gone to look into Agent Lee's disappearance.


As usual, Tony was talking away. "I'm surprised Gibbs didn't give him Rule # 12 and then a Marine boot up his…" he stopped talking when Gibbs looked at him.


"DiNozzo, obviously they were discreet or you would have known about it." Gibbs told him.


Tony perked up. "So if we are discreet about it, we can break Rule #12?"


"DiNozzo, you can't discreetly do anything. The day you successfully and quietly break Rule #12 hell will freeze over."


Tony looked away, remembering the night before last when Abby was at his place and how they almost set the sheets on fire with their passion for each other. He bit back a smile. They must be shivering in hell right now.