- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
the real target is clueless

When Michelle woke up for the second time, she was tied to a chair. Looking around, she couldn't tell how big the room was as all the lights were off and there were no windows that she could see. She rolled her head from side to side trying to work out the kinks from being unconscious in a straight back chair.



She winced when a voice boomed through the room. "Don't worry pet. It's not you I'm after."



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



The team was exhausted. It was going on 0200 and they had nothing. The only prints on the barrettes were Michelle's and there was no evidence on any of the flowers. Tim had gone back to the apartment complex and found the flower petal. It was a definite match to the red carnation in the arrangement.



Gibbs told his agents to get some rest. He took the elevator down to the lab and found Abby and Carly nearly asleep at their computers. They jumped as the doors slid almost noiselessly open and their fingers automatically found their keyboards.



"Go home you two. There's nothing new here and I'll call you if something comes in." He told them.



"But Gibbs…" Abby started to protest.



"No buts, Abs. Go home. Get here first thing and we'll start all over." He gave her a look and she decided to listen.



Carly was almost too sleepy to stand, but she turned off her computer and drank the last of her coffee. As she and Abby walked out to their cars, their last sips of caffeine kicked in.



"See you in a few hours, Abby." Carly told her and unlocked her door.



"Will do, ma'am." Abby responded with a jaunty wave.



Carly just smiled, started her car and drove away. Neither woman noticed the red petal on the ground near the classic car.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Ziva's head snapped up off her desk and she stretched her arms over her head. It was 0730 and Gibbs was walking into the bullpen with coffee for everyone. She blinked and took her cup gratefully.



Just as he was about to sit down, Abby rushed into the room.



"Carly isn't here. She isn't at home, her car is there, but she's not. I found this in the parking lot and this at her apartment." Abby said before taking a breath and holding up evidence bags with carnation petals in them.



Gibbs didn't have to say a word. The entire team gathered their gear and headed out. Two of their own taken without a shred of evidence other than damn flower petals. Gibbs was going to nail this SOB himself.