- Text Size +

Carly groaned and came to tied to a chair opposite Michelle. Her mouth was hurting and she looked at the agent and whispered, "Michelle?"



"Uh, uh, uh." Came a voice from over their heads. "No talking."



Michelle shook her head and Carly stayed quiet. Her questions had already been answered any way. Her friend wasn't really hurt, she had no idea who their captor was and she didn't recognize the voice. Funny how all that could be conveyed with one short, negative motion of the head.



The voice came back on, "As long as you behave, I will let your friend go free."



Carly rolled her eyes. This guy sounded like a bad B movie abduction scene.



The speakers shut off and they could hear footsteps coming closer.



"You see, pet, I've changed. But you, you my dear, have stayed the same." He ran his hand down Carly's cheek and she stared in horror at the man in front of her. No one called her pet, no one except for Cole Jackson. He couldn't be…



"I am." He said simply. "Oh, look, we've gone and revealed to your little friend that you know me. I can't have her running back to your boss with that information, now can I?"



"You leave her alone!" Carly ordered but her voice shook as she said it.



"Well, of course, pet." Cole smiled a cruel smile, "at least for now."



Carly shivered and watched him walk away. Before a distant door shut, he called out, "Wait for me."



When the door banged closed, Carly started working frantically with her ropes. One thing Cole was good at was binding someone down. Michelle looked on and asked quietly, "What happened to your lip?"



Carly stilled. "He grabbed me and I fought back. My lip must have been busted in the process. Can you loosen your ropes?"



Nodding Michelle wriggled and freed herself. Carly just stared in disbelief. "Let me guess, the rule about the knife?"



Michelle shook her head, "Nope, just the ability to untie almost every knot known to man."



With a small sound of disbelief, Carly told her as Michelle worked to get the ropes loosened. "I'll be sure not to mention that to Palmer, in case you want to surprise him."



Michelle paused after undoing the last rope and blushed. "Come on, we don't have time for you to be shy now, Michelle, we have to get out of here."