- Text Size +
Story Notes:
DISCLAIMER: If I owned Mark Harmon do you think I would be spending my time writing stories? PLEASE COMMENT!
"NOTHING IS FOREVER"

Nothing is forever. It hits him like a ton of bricks in the middle of a cold, rainy night. His eyes snap open and his arms tighten around her as she moved closer to him in her sleep. Nothing is forever. It came to him in a dream. Someone, he didn't remember who, had whispered that tormenting phrase and the words had echoed in his mind until they had finally forced him awake.
He lifts his head and studies her in the darkness, her light brown hair spilling out over his pillow. He watches her as if he's expecting her vanish right before his eyes. Nothing is forever. Seconds later he relaxes and lays back down. It's not like she is going to get up and leave in the middle of the night just because he had a dream that this wasn't going to last. But his arms remain tight around her and he buries his face in the crook of her neck.
Nothing is forever. They had been promising each other forever for over three years now. With all they had been through, it seems that if this was going to fall apart it would have begun ripping at the seams by now. Up until tonight, he had been sure that this time they had gotten it right, that they had nailed it. With her body so close to his, he is almost convinced that it could never be any other way, that his dream had been just that, a dream with no deeper meaning. But as he closes his eyes, he is haunted by that sad fact. Nothing is forever.
Chapter End Notes:
DISCLAIMER: If I owned Mark Harmon do you think I would be spending my time writing stories?

PLEASE COMMENT!