- Text Size +
"Drugs!! Tim?!?"
"Yes drugs, cocaine I think it was. He got hooked and was addicted for about a year and a half until he eventually realized he had a problem and got help. He was clean, up until five years ago when he was in a car accident."
"He was in an accident!!"
Yeah, it was pretty serious. He was lucky to survive actually. There was a girl in the car with him, his girlfriend she didn't make it. She as the one that helped him stay clean so when she died he found it really hard to stay clean. Eventually the pain of living without her got to him and he turned back to the drugs. He lost his home and his job and his friends. When he finally got clean again he built his life back up and moved to DC, that's when he got his job at NCIS."
"Okay, how do I not know about any of this, he was on drugs he had an accident…what else don't I know about Tim. I've done background searches on the whole team and nothing turned up about him. Seriously, nothing, completely clean record apart from some hippy dippy protest when he was in college."
"He wasn't picked up by the police or anything so he wont have a record. And he went to a relatively unknown drug clinic so you wouldn't have been able to dig up anything on that either. Oh and our parents kinda paid off the press to keep his habit out of the news."
"Oh." Abby was taken aback, she had never missed anything in a background search before. She had always been prided on her ability to dig up anything on anyone.
"Anyway, I have to find him, make sure he doesn't relapse again."
"Sure, I understand now. You should get Kate, Tony and Gibbs to help you. It'll be ten times faster if you have help."
"I'll get Tony to help me. Kate should stay with you and I'm not sure Gibbs will want to help."
"Gibbs is a big boy, he'll get over it. As for Kate, yeah I'd like her to stay but if it'll help find Tim before he does something drastic I won't mind being alone for a bit."
"It's okay Abs. I have a few ideas where he might be, we'll split up and look for him. Kate can stay with you."
"Thanks."

"So where are they going, Tony only said that Fin was worried about Tim."
"They're going to try and find Tim before he does something drastic"
"Tim? Something drastic? What could McGee do that is drastic?"
"You mean aside from relapse into a drug habit?"
"A what now…"
"You heard."
"McGee…Tim, a drug habit? No…"
"Yes. When he was younger he had his heart stomped on by some bitch and he turned to drugs to numb the pain. He managed to get off them but he's had a couple of relapses. Fin thinks that all this crap with him and Gibbs will make him fall into a relapse again."
"Oh my god!" Kate says. "I never would have…he doesn't seem like the type…really?"
"Really, and I don't want to be responsible for him turning to drugs again. I just wouldn't be able to live with myself."
"Relax Abs. None of this is your fault, you didn't ask for two guys to be in love with you at the same time, you didn't intend to fall for McGee's brother."
"I know but I did. I told him I didn't want to pick either him or Gibbs then I fell for his brother. I don't want to be that bitch."
"They'll get over it."
"But what if they don't, what if it's too late? What if they don't find Tim in time? What if he takes too much? I can't live with that Kate!"
"Abby just stop thinking about it, they'll find him, trust me."
"Fine. I hope you're right."
Chapter End Notes:
i know its a short one but its only so i can put a certain bit in the next chapter