- Text Size +
"So Fin…why exactly are we going to the NCIS building?" Gibbs asked, they had not yet told him that they were looking for McGee. Fin had told Tony about McGee's drug addict past while they were waiting for Gibbs to bring the car round from the parking lot.
"To find Tim." Fin replied simply.
"Why?"
"So he doesn't overdose."
"Whoa!! What the hell?!?" Tony yells out as Gibbs swerves the car into the nearest parking bay.
"Overdose fin? I don't know you that well but I know your brother well enough to blow your brains out if you don't tell me what the hell you're talking about in the next ten seconds."
"Yes…he's serious." Tony says as Fin looks at him.
"Well…um…he used to have…he was a cocaine addict."
"A cocaine addict!! That did * not* come up on the background checks I had Abby do when he was hired."
"Well it…um it wouldn't."
"Get to the point already. You're worse than your brother."
"Sorry sir…"
"And quit with the sir. I'm not your boss."
"Sorry…anyway…it wouldn't come up on the background checks because he never got caught by the police, he went to a relatively unknown rehab clinic and our parents paid the press to keep quiet about it."
"Oh." Gibbs said starting to drive in the direction of NCIS headquarters again. No one had ever been able to keep secrets about their past form Abby before. She was always able to dig something up. "So you think he might relapse?"
"Yes I do. Last time he fell off the wagon it was because his heart was broken by losing another girl and when he started taking them in the first place it was because some bitch slept with his best friend."
"Whoa…he's had a hard life."
They pulled up at the headquarters building. "We're here. So where do you think he is."
"I don't know. Where does he spend most of his time" Fin says as they make their way up the stairs.
"Either the squad room or the lab. So I'd say we should look there, but just to be safe I'd say we should also check autopsy." Tony says.
"Okay, but to find him quicker we should each check one place. Fin, squad room. Tony, Autopsy. I'll check the lab."
Gibbs makes his way up the stairs to the squad room, Tony takes the elevator down to autopsy and Fin makes his way up the corridor to the lab.
Gibbs reaches the squad room and notices a strange smell and a cloud of smoke coming from behind McGee's desk.
"McGee?"
"Hehehe." Gibbs hears a giggle come from behind McGee's desk and looks behind it making a very stoned looking Tim stand up, bang his head on his desk and giggling again.
"Oh hey, wat up Gibbo!" he says when he stops staggering and stands up straighter behind his desk.
"What did you just call me!" Gibbs growls.
"Hey chiiiiiilllllll Gibbsyo duuuude!"
"McGee!!"
"hehehe" McGee was giggling again and his eyes were rolling around as if following a fly's movements.
"McGee what the hell are you doing!!"
"Following the blue balloon" he giggles childishly.
"McGee…have you been smoking pot"
"You want some? Coz I know a guy who knows a guy." McGee says still ‘following the blue balloon'
"McGee! Snap out of it!!"
"Whoa dude chill."
"McGee come with me." Gibbs is starting to get concerned for McGee.
"Where are we going." He skips behind Gibbs like a puppy.
"You're going into one of the interrogation rooms until this wears off."
They enter the interrogation room and McGee looks around with an excited face. "What is with all of the balloons? Is it somebody's birthday? Ooh is it my birthday? Is it yours. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to…who are you again??"
Chapter End Notes:
another short one.