- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs finds out that McGee is also in love with Abby
*Back to present*

"I – I – I love you Abby" stutters McGee.
Abby is Silent
"Abby…?"
"Erm…I have to go" replies Abby distantly. She walks off in a daze.
"Actually…" McGee yells after her "…just forget I said anything…erm…pretend I said something else!"
"Now, now probie…" says Tony, walking into the bullpen and sitting on his chair behind his desk, "…you're not gonna just give up like that are you?"
"Not that it's any of your buisiness but why shouldn't I?" replies McGee defeated "she just walked off, she didn't even say anything"
"Probie, probie, probie…you've got a lot to learn" says Tony rolling his chair over to McGee's desk. "you can't just give up like that"
"Why not?" replies McGee lamely.
"You love her right?" asks Tony
"Yes, more than I have ever loved anybody in my whole life."
"So why are you just giving up like that?"
"You saw her, she doesn't care. Maybe there's someone else…"
"Listen to me McGee! You have to fight for her, convince her that you're the man for her, convince her that you're way better for her than any other guy that there may or may not be. Show her that you really love her!" says Tony trying to boost McGee's confidence.
"Okay. But I'm only listening to you because you didn't call me probie that time." Replies McGee. "so how do I do that then? Convince her that she should be with me?"
"Simple, you have to find out who the other guy is and beat him in winning her over"
"And how exactly is that simple?" says McGee still feeling defeated.
"Well, you just treat me very nicely and I'll find out everything you need to know from Abby"
"Like she'd tell you!"
"now is that treating me nicely probie!" says Tony "anyway…we're closer than you think."
"okay. I'll trust you this once" decides McGee "but one thing?"
"depends…"
"can you please stop calling me probie!" McGee stands up, pushes Tony's chair out of the way and heads towards the elevator.
"fine" Tony shouts after him "but only because I'm sick of you acting like a depressed puppy all the time and because you desperately need to get some."
By the time Tony had finished shouting to McGee, McGee had gone. And just as Tony finished Gibbs wandered in.
"What was all that about DiNozzo!?"
"Nothing sir, just that McGee is in love with our favourite forensic scientist"
"He's what!" Gibbs says and starts heading towards the elevator.
"In love with Abby, he just tried to tell her but she was kinda in a daze and he suspects that there might be another guy so I convinced him to find out who the other guy is and fight for Abby."
Gibbs slaps the elevator button again and steps inside without replying to Tony.
"What no pat on the back for trying to get old probie some action?" Shouts DiNozzo after him.