- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs and McGee argue
"I just don't know what to do Kate." Moans Abby taking a sip of the Caf-Pow Kate had just brought to her lab, " I just left him hanging like that."
"It may not be that bad Abs, he'll probably still like you." Kate consoles her best friend, "what did you say when you left?"
"I believe my exact words were ‘erm…I have to go…'"says Abby "Now can you honestly say that I isn't that bad. He probably hates me now"
"I wouldn't be so sure…" says Kate looking towards the lab door.
"What…?" Abby following Kate's direction of sight and sees McGee standing at the door.
"McGee? Please don't take this the wrong way but what are you doing here?" Abby asks him.
"I didn't want to just leave it hanging like that. I wanted to show you that i love you and even if there is another man I will fight for your love." Says McGee walking in.
Abby looks at Kate and raises her eyebrows in a look that says ‘wow, you were right' then looks back at McGee and says "I'm so sorry Tim. I didn't mean to be so horrible. It's just…I need some time to think. Is that ok?"
"Of course it is. Take as long as you need. I'm just glad there's no other guy"
"Says who!" Says Gibbs' voice from the doorway.
"What, you know something I don't?" says McGee, strangely aggressive.
"Why don't you ask Abby?" says Gibbs, also getting aggressive.
"Abby…?" asks McGee. Gibbs and McGee are now both looking at Abby.
"Well…erm…how can I say this…well Tim…there is another guy" confesses Abby.
"Who?" asks McGee, slightly hurt.
"Me" reveals Gibbs.
McGee looks from Gibbs to Abby and from Abby back to Gibbs and says, "You two? Really?"
"Well…not really. Gibbs just - "
"I think I can tell him Abs" Interrupts Gibbs.
"Okay"
"Come on. Just tell me " says McGee
"I'm getting there McGee." Says Gibbs "Well I realized how I felt about Abby quite a while ago but I only just told her this afternoon. She hasn't got back to me yet so technically there is no other guy. Yet."
"Oh. Okay…" says McGee looking confused but recovering quickly and saying kind of aggressively "So you don't think I'm competition for you"
"You honestly think I'd be threatened by you!" says Gibbs starting to raise his voice.
"Why shouldn't you be!" says McGee also raising his voice.
"Why should I be!!" Gibbs says, now shouting.
Kate tries to sneak away saying "I just have to…" she stops when she sees McGee and Gibbs' angry faces staring at her. She straightens up and leaves saying "Well this has nothing to do with me. Bye-Bye" and rushing walking out taking the last few steps in a run.
"Well McGee! Why should I feel threatened by you!!" Gibbs continues the shouting match.
"Please guys!" Abby tries, "Can't you stop fighting?"
Both McGee and Gibbs turn round to face Abby and shout "NO"
Abby stands up and shouts "if neither of you stop acting like jackasses you won't have to worry about any competition because I'll have Kate shoot you both!!"
Both McGee and Gibbs look at Abby in a ‘sorry we acted like such idiots' look, then at each other in a look that clearly said ‘thanks a lot, it's all your fault jackass.' Abby sees this look. Makes a disgusted noise and storms out of the lab grabbing her caf-pow and soaking Gibbs and McGee then throwing the cup to the floor.