- Text Size +
DING!! The elevator opens and Kate walks into the bull-pen where Tony is at his desk.
"Those two are such idiots!" she says, sitting down.
""Who?" asks Tony, looking up from his computer.
"McGee and Gibbs. They're down there arguing because McGee is in love with Abby and -"
"Gibbs is busting his chops about breaking rule 12?" interrupts Tony.
"Actually no. It turns out Gibbs is in love with Abby too."
"Wow, Abby's popular isn't she." Says Tony raising his eyebrows. "So who is she gonna pick?"
"What make's you think she'll pick one of them?"
"Well…I dunno…I just assumed that…hey, is it some kind of threesome thing?" Tony asks, a huge, cheeky grin spreading on his face.
SMACK!! Tony is hit on the back of the head. He turns around and sees Abby standing behind him puffy eyed as if she'd been crying. Her make up was smudged as if she had. She was attempting to cover it up by smiling.
"Hey abs, you okay?" asks Tony rubbing the back of his head.
"I dunno, those two are just acting like such jackasses. I don't know how they think I'm gonna pick either one of them when they are acting like a couple of idiots."
"So what's McGee like angry?" asks Tony
"Tony!" yells Kate, throwing a pen at him.
"What? I've never seen him angry before."
"And you don't want to either!" says Abby, "it's kinda scary"
"Anyway Abs. You gonna be okay?" asks Kate
"Yeah I should be. Throwing caf-pow over your boss can be a lot of fun. I think I need a drink though. Either one of you free tonight?" she asks, her usual energy coming back.
"Sorry. I've Got a date." Say Kate and Tony in unison. Kate and Tony look at each other, almost jealously.
"It's okay, I'll just ask Charlie" Abby says, almost laughing at the way Kate and Tony are looking at each other.
"Who's Charlie?" Kate asks taking her eyes off of Tony
"Oh don't you remember? He's the one I met at my cousins birthday barbeque. We dated for a while but then decided to be just friends."
"Oh yeah. I remember. But isn't he the one on psychiatric medication?"
"Yeah but he isn't dangerous or anything. He just has some issues."
"What kind of issues?"
"I dunno…" says Abby straining to remember. She knew it had something to do with emotional instability…
"Abby! He could be dangerous!" says Kate
"I've known this guy for, like, two and a half years" says Abby "He's not gonna turn psycho killer now!"
Abby turns round and walks to the stairs.
"I'm just gonna call him and see if he wants to come tonight" Abby says before she walks down the stairs
‘I've got a bad feeling about him' thinks Kate.

The elevator doors open again and Gibbs and McGee step in and press the button to head to the bull pen. Gibbs reaches out and pulls the ‘stop elevator' lever.
"What the hell Gibbs?" asks McGee.
"We need to talk."
"Why?" asks McGee "I think you've already made it clear that you don't think I'm competition for you."
"That's not what I meant." Says Gibbs "I meant we need to talk about how we are gonna get through this without me firing you or shooting you."
"Well I really love Abby and I think she's the perfect girl for me but I think we should let her choose for herself.
"Exactly, so do I"
"So what's the problem?"
"We need some…ground rules. So that neither of us get an unfair advantage"
"Okay…well?"
"Neither of us can do anything like bribing Todd or DiNozzo to convince Abby to be with one of us, no shooting each other to get rid of the competition. Oh, and no trying to sway Abby with Caf-Pows"
"Well that sounds fine," says McGee pushing the lever back to start the elevator up again.
As the elevator goes upwards Gibbs says with a self-confident grin, "Of course, we probably don't need any ground rules because she'll pick me over you anyway."
McGee begins to pull back his fist to punch Gibbs, muttering "You arrogant jackass!!"
Gibbs draws his gun which makes McGee stop mid-punch as the elevator doors open to the bull pen. Tony and Kate hear the elevator doors open and look up from their computers. They stare at McGee and Gibbs and try hard not to laugh.