- Text Size +
"Hey Abs, you here?" asks Tony entering Abby's eerily empty lab and putting a caf-pow on her desk. He looks around, scanning the room for Abby. Abby is usually at work long before him. Especially on days like this when Tny happens to come into work over an hour late. Tony knows something is up. His cell rings, echoing in the empty lab.
"Dinozzo" He answers it.
"Tony get up here now, Abby's been kidnapped" he hears Kate say, he could tell she was near tears. He hung up and began to run out of the lab, not taking the elevator, he knew he'd be faster on the stairs.

"Tony, it was Charlie," Kate tells him, attempting not to cry.
"The psychotic guy she was with last night?" he asks
"I should have stopped her going" Kate says in reply, bursting into tears, "I knew something would happen."
"We both know you couldn't have stopped her, you know she can be as stubborn as Gibbs when she wants to be. She would have gone anyway." Tony says. Looking down he sees Kate crying with his arms around her. He doesn't know how she ended up there but he doesn't take his arms away. That's when he realizes that when Kate called, Tony was rushing up to the bullpen not just for Abby, but also for Kate and how upset she had sounded on the phone. Tony didn't know exactly how long he was standing with his arms around Kate but her voice awoke him from his thoughts.
"We'd better do something" she says wiping the tears from her eyes and stepping away from Tony, but not wanting to. She goes over to her desk to work at her computer.
"Well we need to find out where this psycho is keeping her." Tony says, wishing that Kate was still in his arms.
"He said that they were at his house but i don't know where he lives. She has a little black book in her desk drawer his address might be in there." says Kate, now fully focused on getting her best friend back.
Tony heads to the stairs to go down to the forensics lab and just as he reaches the stairs turns round and says, "Maybe you should tell Gibbs, he won't get as mad at you." He heads down the stairs at top speed, just as the elevator dings and Gibbs walks out.
"Gibbs..." Kate says.
"Kate?" he asks, knowing the look on Kates face. "What's wrong?"
"Abby's been kidnapped."
Kate has never seen Gibbs' face look like that before. It is like he istorn between three emotions, anger, worry and anxiety. Kate has never even seen Gibbs' face reveal any emotions before now. She doesn't know what to do. She just stands there in front of Gibbs. Luckily he breaks the silence.
"Wh? - How?- Who was it?" He asks
"One of her many jealous ex-boyfriends. His name is Charlie and Tony's just gone to find out where he lives." Kate says in one breath, scared that Gibbs might just lose it and start raging.
"Erm…" Gibbs thinks, he doesn't know what to do. "How did you find out?"
"He called. It wasn't even like he wanted to keep us away, I think he wants us to find him."
"We have to get her back" Gibbs says quietly, now thinking of ways he can cause this man a lot of pain without losing his job.
"Gibbs did you hear me? He wants us to find him. It could be a trap!"
"I don't care!" He shouts "We have to get Abby back!"
Kate stares at Gibbs awkwardly.
"He guys, I found that little black book and wow, she has a hell of a lot of names in it. I swear she could out do me." Says Tony entering the bullpen. He sees Kate's slightly scared look and rushes to her side. He doesn't know what makes him do it he just knows he feels protective of her. "What's up?" He says, standing close to Kate.
"Nothing DiNozzo." Answers Gibbs aggressively, "Give me that book."
Tony hands over the address book while Kate wonders why Tony has seemed so strange around her recently.
He has been nicer lately, made less sex jokes and has always seemed to rush to her defence, like whenever a drunk guy makes a pass at her or Gibbs shouts or something. Something was definitely going on but she was going to try her hardest to find out what, as soon as they had found Abby.
Tony and Gibbs had been staring at each other aggressively. Tony's look says clearly ‘You shout at her again and I'll kill you' and Gibbs' look says ‘You piss me off and I won't be responsible if you turn up on Ducky's autopsy table with a bullet shot through your chest'
"When you're quite finished with the staring contest" Kate says, resisting the urge to laugh at the guys' strange behaviour "We have to get back to trying to help Abby"
"Um…yeah, sorry" Says Tony, looking away from Gibbs.
Gibbs is silent for a few minutes as he looks through the address book.
"Found it" He says and leaves, picking up his coat.
Kate and Tony look at each other and follow him.
"I'll just call McGee, he can help us." Says Tony, getting his cell phone out to call McGee.
"No you won't, I don't want him involved." Says Gibbs grabbing Tony's cell and throwing it in a bin as they reach the elevator. It starts to ring from inside the trash. Tony looks at Gibbs before picking it up and putting it on speakerphone.
"I know you'll have found out where I am, by now." Charlie's creepy voice comes from the cell. "You'll probably also have realized that I want you to find me, and here's why, I'm a little low on cash at the moment and I need ten grand for, well I'm not going to tell you what for. Anyway I need NCIS to get me that cash and in return I will give Abby back, alive. If you don't find us in an hour, your precious Abby will…hmm…let's just say, she shall no longer be of the living."
Chapter End Notes:
I don't think this chapter is as good as some of the other chapters but all the same i hope you enjoy it.

send me feedback please