- Text Size +
They are getting into Gibbs' car when McGee comes running into the parking lot looking angry and worried.
"What the hell is he doing here?" Gibbs growls to Tony.
"I called him" replies Kate.
"You what" says Gibbs turning on Kate.
"Gibbs, he had the right to know" says Tony, jumping to Kate's defence.
Gibbs grumbles to himself and gets behind the wheel of his car. "Okay he can come" he says "but there is no way I'm letting him in my car.
"I'll drive him" volunteers Kate.
Gibbs gives her a look that says plainly ‘traitor!' as she gets her keys out and goes to her car with McGee.

"Why the hell are you taking this out on Kate?" Tony asks Gibbs as they drive to Charlie's apartment.
"Why the hell do you feel that you need to defend her, she's a big girl she can look after herself" replies Gibbs
"That's not answering my question Gibbs."
"And…"
"Just answer the bloody question Gibbs!" Tony shouts ‘oh my god did I just yell at my boss?' he thinks.
"I'm not taking it out on Kate. Now answer my question DiNozzo." Gibbs says, amazed that Tony had the guts to shout at him. Gibbs knew the reason must be his feelings for Kate.
"I'm…I-I-I wasn't aware that I did boss."
Gibbs shook his head and chuckled to himself. Tony's denial was cheering him up. Gibbs decided to just come out and say it.
"Do you like her DiNozzo?"
"Like her…?"
"DiNozzo!"
"You mean like love her? Of course not!" Tony says looking down.
"Tony!"
"Well… yeah. I love her. But boss…"
"Yeah?"
"Don't tell her?"
"Not a word…I promise."
"I swear if she found out she'd never let me live it down."

Meanwhile in Kate's car
"Your situation with Abby just keeps making me think about Tony." Kate says to McGee on their way to Charlie's apartment.
"How exactly does it do that?" Says McGee confused.
"I dunno. I guess everything makes me think about Tony. I love him." Says Kate, sighing.
Suddenly she realizes what she has just let slip and says "erm…in a sort of…erm…sisterly way…erm." She tries to cover it up thinking ‘oh shit! How could I have just let that slip like that'.
Seeing the amused look on McGee's face she gives up. "You're not buying it are you?"
"Nope" laughs McGee
"Fine! I do love him, I've loved him for ages. But please McGee, please don't say a word to Tony. If he found out I'd never live it down." Pleads Kate
"Don't worry I won't say a word to him. But I really think you should tell him how you feel, he might feel the same." Says McGee. He knows about Tony's feelings for Kate already and is dying to laugh out loud at the way both Tony and Kate feel about each other but don't think the other could ever feel the same way. It really was a very funny thought.
"Never, he's too much of a ‘ladies man' to go for me."
"You never know…"
"Oh shut up McGee! And don't say anything to Tony." Kate snapped and she remained silent and focused for the rest of the drive.

They arrived at Charlie's and got out of the cars. As Kate stepped out of her car she gave McGee a look to say ‘say anything to Tony and I will blow your brains out'. He understood the message perfectly.

"Right, pair up. Tony with Kate, McGee with me." Says Gibbs before ramming the door down and letting Tony and Kate enter first, giving Tony a significant grin.

Tony and Kate clear the first room as McGee and Gibbs go into the living room. They hear Abby's voice squeal "Gibbs, McGee," before it is cut off by a mans voice which Tony instantly recognises as Charlie's. "Shut up" Tony and Kate join them in the living room and see Charlie with a gun directed at Abby.
"Put down that gun Charlie" McGee says
"I can handle this McGee" Gibbs growls.
"As can I Gibbs"
"I'm going to get her out of this McGee, not you. You can just go wait in the car."
"Stop treating me like a stupid kid Gibbs! I am a special agent too, or have you forgotten. I am qualified to do this too you know." Says McGee, beginning to raise his voice.
"McGee! If you want to be fired you're going the damn right way about it!"
"I don't care about my job I care about-" BANG!! Charlie had shot Abby in the stomach.
"-Abby!!" screams McGee. Kate rushes over to her best friend, taking off her own jacket to try and stop the bleeding as both Gibbs and McGee fire their guns at Charlie. They stand staring at his dead body lying on the floor with a bullet in his neck and a bullet in his chest in anger and disgust.
"Can one of you two jackasses call an ambulance already!" yells Kate, still trying to stem the ever flowing blood currently coming from Abby's stomach.
McGee and Gibbs get their cells out, so, predicting another argument Tony gets his own cell out and says "I'll do it".