- Text Size +
"Where am I?" Abby groans, sitting up.
"You're in hospital, you were shot." Says the cute doctor checking Abby's blood pressure.
"Oh yeah," She groans, lying down on the hospital bed again, suddenly remembering the hole in her stomach.
"A few people are waiting to see you, shall I tell them your awake?" the doctor asks.
"You can tell them I'm awake but please…only let Kate and Tony come in and see me just now.
"Sure, no problem" He says flashing Abby a handsome smile which she returns with a flirting grin.

"Hey Abby, how're you feeling?" asks Kate walking into the room.
"Well let me see, I have a hole in my stomach and an ex-boyfriend that was, like you said, a complete psycho. Other than that I'm completely fine."
"Oh…sorry." Kate mumbles.
"Don't be, it's ok, I should have listened to you in the first place. Anyway, where's Tony?"
"He decided to wait with Gibbs and McGee, to make sure they don't murder each other. Which I am sure would happen if they were left alone together. Seriously, the whole way here they were arguing over whose fault it was."
Abby makes a disgusted noise and shakes her head. "God, they are a pair of children."
"Yep. I wanted to shoot myself just to block out their bickering." Kate laughs.
"Anyway, that doctor, what's his name." Says Abby smiling
"Why…?"
"He's really cute. And not just cute cute, I mean god damn ‘angel straight out of heaven' cute."
"Erm…Abby I don't know how to tell you this but he's…he's…erm…McGee's brother."
"He's what!!" says Abby, shocked.
"Yeah, McGee's brother, I didn't even know until McGee said. When he came to tell us you were awake McGee looked seriously homicidal so I don't think they get on very well."
"I didn't even know he had a brother. They look so different. Tim has more of a puppy look and well…his brother is seriously gorgeous! Like…‘no words to describe it' gorgeous. Would it be inappropriate if I asked him out?"
"Erm…I dunno. Like I said, they don't really seem to get on so I doubt it would affect their relationship but, well…wouldn't it be weird."
"Not at all. Especially when Tim is acting like a complete moron. Anyway…you never said what his name was."
"Oh, its Findlay, but he likes to be called Fin. That's probably why McGee calls him Findlay."
Abby laughs. "So it might make Tim mad if I went out with Fin. Well that could be fun."
"Abby…"
"What! I was only joking, but I would like to go out with Fin some time."
"What?" says a voice from the doorway.
"Oh…Fin…um…hi."
"Hey Kate, can I have a moment with Abby please." Says Fin
"Sure, I'll go get some Coffee." Says Kate, leaving the room, grinning.
"So Abby…"
"How much did you hear?"
"Just the part where you said you'd like to go out with me some time. Abby…you do know that Tim's my brother don't you."
"Yeah, I do know, but why would that affect whether or not I like you."
"Well, I'm not exactly on good terms with Tim but any time we do talk without getting into a big argument he talks about you. In fact, he talks about you so much, I feel like I've known you my whole life…"
'Just get to the point, do you want to go out with me or not' thinks Abby impatiently.
"…and, I do like you Abby, I just…wouldn't it be weird?"
"No it wouldn't because, quite honestly, any feelings I had for Tim have gone and the only one to blame is himself, for acting like such a jackass."
"Tim? Acting like a Jackass?"
"Yeah, well he's been trying to ‘fight for me' with this other guy, and they've both just ended up making me hate them."
"Oh, so you wouldn't mind having a drink with me some time, when you're out of here of course."
Abby smiles. "Of course not, just don't let me get too drunk. After all, we all know what happened last time I did." she says pointing to the bandages over her stomach.
Fin laughs and reaches out to stroke Abby's hair he pulls away when they hear a cough from the doorway.
"Hey Abs, how you feeling?" says Kate.
"Loads better thanks"
"You guys done talking yet? It's just the guys want to see you now."
"Yeah, we're done." Abby says, smiling at Fin, "And you can let McGee and Gibbs come in too this time."
"Sure, I'll be right back."
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for all the feedback so far ppl. Keep it coming. I'll take any feedback, good or bad. Hope you enjoy this chapter.