- Text Size +

By the time the day was over, Gibbs and Tony were equally disgusted with the curious natures of their fellow agents. It was bad enough that Ziva and McGee had been throwing questioning glances their way. They also had to deal with several agents in the office who stopped by to make suggestive comments until Gibbs just glared at them.


Abby and Carly stepped off the elevator and felt the tension in the air right away. Carly turned to get back in but Abby grabbed her arm and shook her head. She signed to Carly, "They've been dealing with this all day, the least we can do is tough it out."


Twisting her lips, Carly looked over at Jet and nodded at Abby. They walked over to the team and stood there for a few moments before anyone looked up and noticed.


"Abby, Carly." McGee said.


"Hey guys." They said in unison. "Are we still on for Salvatore's tonight everyone?"


Ziva and McGee looked at each other then at Gibbs and Tony. "Um, I don't think I can make it." Tim started.


"Maybe tonight isn't so good." Ziva offered.


Gibbs caught the disappointed looks on the women's faces and turned to tell McGee and Ziva, "We're still on. Ducky, Palmer and Lee are joining us tonight."


McGee looked upset for a moment and then asked, "I'll be bringing someone as well." Surprised, the whole team looked at him. "What? I can't have plans?" He wanted to know.


"It's fine Timmy. Who are you bringing?" Abby asked.


"Lacey."


Abby and Carly's eyes widened and the rest of the team just looked confused.


"Who's Lacey?" Tony wanted to know.


With a smile, Abby answered, "She's the one that did the tat on his ass."


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Sal himself seated the entire crew that night. He was an intuitive man, not only in knowing what everyone at the table would like, but also who should be next to whom. Gibbs was seated next to Carly who was seated next to Abby then Tony. Lacey was between Tony and McGee. Ziva was next to Tim, then Ducky, Michelle and Palmer rounding out the group next to Gibbs. Poor Jimmy was nervous to be sitting next to Gibbs, even with all they had gone through when Michelle and Carly were abducted. Lucky for him, Carly took up most of Gibbs attention.


Tony turned to Lacey and asked, "Probie really has a tat on his ass?"


With an amused grin in Tim's direction, she replied, "I like to think of my shop kinda like a doctor's office. People come in looking for a service, I provide the service and if they choose to tell about said service, it's their choice."


"So in other words, you're not telling me anything?" Tony asked.


Lacey looked at Tim and said, "He's not as slow as you made him out to be, honey."


Tim turned bright red at her words and the endearment. Tony smirked then realized what Lacey said. Everyone else just laughed at the dig at Tony's expense.


The rest of the evening went smoothly as everyone relaxed enough to enjoy the food and company. Filled with a great meal, the team was getting ready to leave the restaurant when five men entered, hoods over their faces and guns in the air.


Locking the doors, they shot several rounds into the ceiling. The man leading the group stepped forward, "Everybody stay right where you are and no one gets hurt."