- Text Size +

Tony was restless. Abby had refused to come home with him tonight thinking he somehow let their relationship slip to Gibbs. As if he'd be crazy enough to do something like that. Now he couldn't sleep and he couldn't think of any way to prove to Abby that he hadn't said a word. Rolling over, he punched his pillow and slammed his head down into it, growling.



His head popped up and his hand reached for the gun he kept in his nightstand. He had heard a noise from the living room. Easing from his bed, Tony kept the gun ready and made his way to the bedroom door. As he was about to round the corner, the perfume hit his nose. Dropping the gun to his side, he flipped on the lights.



"Abby?" was all he could say once he saw what she wasn't wearing.



Abby jumped when the lights came on and looked a bit disappointed at having been caught. Straightening and turning in his direction, she said, "Tony, I wanted to apologize right after I blasted into you earlier, but I didn't know how to take it back." She walked toward him and he stared as her lovely curves bounced with her walk. "I decided the best way would be to show you how sorry I am." She stood in front of him with a look of uncertainty that didn't fit the confident Abby he knew.



Tony slipped the safety back on and wrapped an arm around her waist. "We can show each other." He said, surprising her by lifting her with one arm.



She wrapped her legs around his waist and kissed him tenderly. Pulling back, she smiled her satisfied smile. "I love it when we have the same ideas."



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



The next day, Abby and Carly were in the lab with nothing to do. They looked at each other and started laughing.



"So what happened when…" they asked at the same time.



"You go first…" they said again.



Staring at each other, they decided to do things the civilized way. Holding out their hands, they bounced them, counting to three and made a sign. Abby was Rock and Carly was Paper. Laughing again, Carly asked, "So what happened when I left yesterday?"



Abby narrowed her eyes. "I'll answer completely, 100% truthfully if you promise to do the same."



"Of course." Carly promised, trying unsuccessfully to look hurt at the accusation. "I wasn't the one that started the whole 'let's not tell everything' deal you know."



Abby reached over and smacked her arm. "Do you want to know or what?"



"Yes, I want to know!" Carly said.



"Ziva and McGee couldn't believe Tony and I were involved and that Tony had managed to keep it secret. They wouldn't leave us alone, so I started a fight with Tony to get them to stop. Unfortunately, Tony really thought I was angry with him and he went home alone."



"What? He didn't know you were joking?"



"Nope. So I decided to surprise him and sneak into his apartment to make up, but he caught me. He had his gun out ready to take out the intruder. It was funny really."



"Abby! That's not funny. He could have shot you!"



"He didn't though. Anyway, we made up." Abby said with a quick grin. "Now, what happened when Gibbs got you to his house?"



"Well, I hadn't been to his house before. It's nice." Carly started and ducked the punch Abby threw her way. "Ok! He took me to his house to call it off if you must know. We were drinking coffee and there it was, the big bomb waiting to be dropped."



"No! Gibbs can't do that!" Abby protested. "You two are so cute together!"



"How do you know when you haven't really seen us together?" Carly wanted to know.



"Don't change the subject. What happened?"



"I beat him to the punch and told him I knew what he was going to say."



"And?"



"And, he changed his mind." Carly said and looked at her friend.



"Gibbs changed his mind?" Abby asked, looking thoughtful. "He really likes you then."



Blushing at that, Carly changed the subject. "I saw his boat. He did a wonderful job on it. There's just one thing that puzzled me."



"What's that?" Abby asked.



"Why'd he name it Kelly?"



Abby's expression changed to such a serious look, Carly knew something was wrong. Abby told her, "I didn't know he'd named the boat. As for why he choose Kelly, you'll have to ask him." Seeing the confusion on Carly's face Abby added, "I love both of you guys but that is something for Gibbs to share when he's ready. I can't tell you. I'm sorry."



Nodding even though she didn't understand, Carly turned back to the computer and started going through evidence on a cold case.