- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gabby
SONG: Isn't That Everything?

Abby was standing right outside the bullpen looking at her friends, her family really. She was just visiting today and she held Chasen's hand in one of her's while the other rested on the bump that was due anyday now. She and Gibbs were so excited about the new baby not to mention the fact that they couldn't get 4 year old Chasen to quit bouncing off the walls with happiness. He had gotten more and more excited since Ziva had given birth to little Sophia Marie DiNozzo.


Gibbs looked up from the report he was reading. Abby knew he had sensed her standing there but he was trying to get this case out of the way so he could take time off when the baby was born. He walked over to her, wrapping his arms around her even as he picked up their son. She breathed in his familiar scent and knew she had everything she'd ever wanted.


Isn't that everything
I don't need anything
It's only the simple things I believe
That matter most in life
I'm more than satisfied
All that I have is all I need
Isn't that everything


Later that night she woke him up. It was time. Their new little angel was ready to join the family. Alyssa May Gibbs was born in the early hours of the morning with the entire team around them. Even little Sophia was resting on her dad's shoulders as her mom stood beaming at the newborn baby in Abby's arms. Ducky was holding Chasen and Gibbs was sitting on the bed next to her. He took her and their daughter in his arms and kissed them both. Abby looked at their family and smiled. She still had trouble believing things could be so right, but in Gibbs arms she knew it was true.


Yeah, I've got friends that love me
A big blue sky above me
And your two arms around me baby every night


Isn't that everything
I don't need anything
It's only the simple things I believe
That matter most in life
I'm more than satisfied
All that I have is all I need
Isn't that everything


Closing her eyes, she knew they did have everything.


~The End~


~Calalily~