- Text Size +
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the next few hours Tony's fever gets worse and the team takes turns keeping an eye on him. Gibbs is infuriated by the turn of events on this trip. First McGee has an asthma attack, then Kate falls down a hole and now Tony's fighting for his life. Is it a coincidence that all my agents have been hurt in some way? Then again I DON'T BELIEVE IN COINCEDENCES!!! And what the hell does Sasha have to do with all of this? She instigated the trip and she insisted that we stay even after Kate was hurt. Damn it, what is she up to? And why the hell am I so attracted to her, even now, after all of this?

Gibbs' mood deteriorates with each passing hour. He is too incensed to speak to Sasha and to confront her about everything that has happened. He is also snappish and impatient with Kate and McGee but they understand that it is his way of dealing with his fear for Tony. He tells them in no uncertain terms that they are getting out of here in the morning. He looks pointedly at Sasha as he says this, daring her to make some other excuse about why they have to stay. Sasha stares back thinking, this has to end. I can't have these Agents deaths on my hands. You have to get them out of here.

McGee agrees to go to the manor house to get help first thing in the morning. Kate offers to go with him, but Gibbs and Sasha insist that she will cause more damage to her leg and shoulder and that she should wait at the cabin and keep an eye on Tony. Gibbs asserts that he will go with McGee to get help and Sasha and Kate must stay at the cabin and take care of Tony.

At around 2am in the morning, Tony finally drifts off into a dreamless sleep, his fever still raging at 102 degree. Everyone is exhausted and Sasha suggests that they should all get some sleep. Gibbs keeps an eye on Tony for about another hour, before exhaustion claims him and he too falls asleep.

Once Sasha is sure that all the agents are asleep, she places her first aid kit on the table in plain sight. Then she grabs her backpack and quietly makes her way out of the cabin. Outside, she goes through her bag and takes her pistol and the extra rounds of ammunition and she places these into her pockets. She also clips her knife onto her forearm under her jacket and then she looks at the map of the state park. If the kidnapper sees Gibbs leaving, he will kill Stacey and Jason. I have to find them first. If he's keeping an eye on us that means that he must be close. Stacey said something about a cabin. Sasha remembers as she notes that there are 2 cabins about 3 and 4 miles away from their cabin. They have to be at one of these cabins and I have to find them before it's too late. She sets out in the direction of the nearest cabin hoping to rescue her friends.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

At 5:30am Gibbs wakes up to the sound of Tony's moan. He approaches Tony and places a hand against his forehead noting that it is cold and clammy and his face is pale and drawn. His breath is shallow and he is also shivering again so Gibbs places his sleeping bag over Tony, hoping to help him feel warm. You just better be on the mend DiNozzo. Gibbs thinks as he looks around the cabin thinking, I need coffee. He sees McGee and Kate asleep on their bunks and that's when he notices that Sasha isn't in the cabin. He checks in the bathroom and she isn't there either. He notices the first aid kit lying on the table. Where the hell are you? He wonders as he wakes McGee and Kate.

"Boss," McGee says as he comes fully awake.

"Have some coffee, than you're out of here." Gibbs orders as he grabs his bag and takes his weapons and ammo and straps it on. Kate and McGee look at him wondering what he is doing.

"Mmm Boss, aren't you coming with me?" McGee asks as Kate puts up the coffee and lays out some food.

"Sasha's gone AWOL. I'm going to look for her. You need to get to the manor house ASAP and you better take a few puffs of your inhaler along the way because if you have another attack, I will kill you myself. Get the rangers to get a Medic Chopper in here to airlift Tony and Kate. Than get the park rangers to track a 5 mile radius from this cabin and give them a description of Sasha, because I want her found." Gibbs says as Kate pours the coffee.

"Kate, keep the doors locked and be ready to shoot first and ask questions later, if anyone tries to get in here. And if DiNozzo wakes up make sure he eats something and don't let him move around" Gibbs instructs.

"Okay, so what's wrong, Gibbs?" Kate asks becoming worried.

Gibbs looks at her and then says, "Everything that has happened has been deliberate. McGee's inhalers were stolen from his bag. Our external trackers are also missing and the hole that you fell into was man made, to trap or kill one of us. Tony's spider bite may have been deliberate or a hazard of being out in the park. But I'm leaning to the former. And now Sasha's left. I think that she's behind all of this."

Kate stares stunned at Gibbs and tries to defend Sasha remembering how she took care of all of them. McGee doesn't say anything. He just rushes to grab his coffee and a few bites. Then he straps his weapons on and follows Gibbs out of the cabin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At 7:00am, at NCIS head quarters, Abby enters her lab thinking Gibbs; I miss you and the team. She logs into her satellite tracking program at the same time as her lab doors open and Ducky walks in.

"Duckman, what are you doing here?" Abby shrieks.

"This is for you my dear." Ducky says as he hands her a Caf-pow.

"Oh Ducky, you are so sweet." Abby says as she grabs the drink and takes a sip.

"Thought that you may be feeling a bit lonely since Jethro, Anthony, Timothy and Caitlin are away." Ducky says with a smile. "So how are our bio-degradable trackers doing?" Ducky says as he looks at the plasma screen.

"I was just about to log onto the system." Abby says as she types a few commands into the computer.

"That's strange!" Abby exclaims as she looks at the screen.

"What is it Abigail?" Ducky asks concerned.

"Ducky there's only 3 of them and they're all scattered." Abby says as she points the 3 out.

"This one, the serial number matching McGee, shows him moving back towards the Manor House. And this one's Kate and its stationary! And this one's Gibbs and his moving in the opposite direction towards another cabin. Oh Ducky, Tony's not on the screen." Abby cries out as she starts to panic.

"Abigail, calm down and explain what you think has happened." Ducky says as he pats her shoulder.

"Ducky the tracker would only stop working if … if he is too ill with a high fever or if he is dead." Abby says as she stares at the screen.

"Oh dear. We need to tell the Director right away and we need to get to that state park immediately." Ducky says as he moves off to call the Director.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the state park, Sasha progresses through the park slowly until the light of dawn makes it easier to move. She is exhausted and terrified that she won't find her friends in time. She is also afraid that the kidnapper may already have set things in motion to kill Gibbs and his team. I hope that you guys are out of the cabin and on your way back to the manor house. Gibbs I'm so sorry for everything.

Finally at around 7:30am Sasha arrives at the first cabin. Please, Please be here! She prays as she looks around and watches the cabin from a distance. She sees 2 men sitting outside having breakfast. Then a third walks out of the cabin and Sasha's breathe catches. It's him, the kidnapper! I've found you!!! Sasha almost cries out in relief. She decides to bide her time until these men move out for the morning. Stacey, Jason I'm here. I'll get you out. Just hang in there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------