- Text Size +
Gibbs tracks Sasha's movements and wonders, where are you going? Why are you moving deeper into the park? Gibbs moves at a very fast pace as he thinks about everything that Sasha and he have shared. He is torn by his feeling for her and his mistrust and anger at her. He remembers how she took care of each of his agents, trying to minimize their discomfort. He also remembers how she made love to him, with total abandon, giving herself, completely and freely to him. Women! They confuse the hell out of me! He admits as he progresses through the park.

----------------------------------------------------------

At the cabin, Kate keeps an eye on the surroundings of the cabin, looking for any suspicious behaviour. Her thigh is burning now and she shoulder is badly bruised, stiff and slightly swollen. As a result, moving around is pure torture for her. She goes through Sasha's first aid kit and takes a few aspirins reasoning that taking anything stronger would incapacitate her. Sasha, I can't believe that you had anything to do with all of this. Gibbs must be wrong. Kate thinks as she approaches Tony.

He has not woken up and she knows that that can't be good. He still has a fever and he seems to be hot again as he keeps throwing the sleeping bag open. In the first aid kit, Kate finds ibuprofen patches which she places on Tony's arm, and one on his thigh hoping that it will help with his fever. If that doesn't work, she may have to give him an ibuprofen suppository and she is not looking forward to getting to know Tony in that way. She has never administered a shot before and she is too afraid to load a syringe with ibuprofen and administer it to Tony, so the next step will have to be the suppository. Tony, please don't make me do this. It is going to be so awkward for me and for you that is, if you ever find out. she thinks as she places a wet towel against Tony's forehead and then uses another towel to sponge his neck and chest in an effort to reduce his fever.

--------------------------------------------------------

Within an hour Abby and Ducky board a Navy Chopper with Agent Pachhi and Cassie and they make their way to the state park. Abby has a hand held tracker which she uses to monitor the team. They have called the Manor house and asked the park authorities to send the rangers out to find their friends. That's when they find out that Gibbs and his team did not make the first night's stop over. This causes Ducky to become extremely concerned. What the devil's going on with them?

As the three trackers are scattered, Pachhi decides that they should get to Kate first because if she is stationery that could mean that she is hurt. The pilot advises him that it is not possible to land that close to the cabin as it is surrounded by foliage. The closest he can land is 3.5 miles away from the cabin, between the cabin and the manor house. Pachhi tells him to do that. He also tells him to radio the Manor house and get the rangers and paramedics to meet them there. The flight to the park takes approximately an hour.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the park, Gibbs moves quickly forward and then stops suddenly as he sees Sasha about a few yards ahead of him. He watches her for a few minutes and notices that she is keeping an eye on the 3 men sitting outside a cabin. So you're working with these men and that means that you are behind everything that has happened! Gibbs grimaces as he recognizes one of the men as the guy he saw outside the dining room on the first night at the manor house.He also notes that the men have pistols strapped onto their belts.

He moves a bit closer just as a 4th man grabs Sasha from behind and bodily lifts her out of her hiding place. What the hell's going on now? Gibbs wonders. Why would you grab her like that if she is part of your team?

------------------------------------------------------------

McGee moves as quickly as he can through the park. I have to hurry. Everyone's depending on me. I can't let them down. In his haste, he doesn't use his pump as often as he should. Just then he hears a chopper overhead and he watches as it lands about a half a mile behind him.

Help. That must be help. He thinks as he rushes towards the chopper. By this time he has started gasping and wheezing but he still pushes himself forward thinking that he'll use his inhaler when he reaches them. At the same time the park ranger and 2 paramedics, traveling in a van, see the chopper and start making their way towards where it lands.

As Abby and the rest of the group disembark from the plane, Abby sees that McGee's tracker indicates that he is very close. She looks up and sees him running towards them.

"McGee!!!" Abby screeches as she runs to meet him. Ducky, Pachhi and Cassie follow her. McGee is so relieved to see Abby and Ducky, but as he reaches them he collapses, wheezing and coughing.

"Timothy, Timothy!" Ducky questions as he looks at the young man. Abby searches his pockets and removes his inhaler and helps him to take 3 puffs over the next few minutes.

As soon as the pain dissipates, McGee starts talking, "We need to hurry. Tony and Kate are hurt. They're in the cabin about 3 miles that way." McGee quickly says as he points in the direction of the cabin.

Then he takes a deep breath and goes on, "Sasha left the cabin in the middle of the night and Gibbs is gone after her."

McGee takes another deep breath and goes on, "He thinks that she is behind all the mishaps we have had over the last day and a half. We have to get to Tony and Kate and then… Then we have to find Gibbs."

"Oh thank God Tony's not dead." Abby shouts as she hugs McGee tightly almost cutting off his air supply.

"Abigail, let Timothy go before you induce another attack." Ducky admonishes as he pulls Abby off McGee just as the ranger and the paramedics arrive. Pachhi fills them in and tells the ranger to call for backup. The rangers advise a second team of rangers to start tracking Gibbs and Sasha. This team departs in a van from the opposite side of the trail. Pachhi also tells the pilot that they will bring the injured agents out to him to be airlifted to Bethesda Hospital. Then everyone gets into the ranger's van and they make their way to the cabin.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Let me go!" Sasha shouts as she kicks and trashes, catching the man holding her, on his shin. He responds by slapping her hard across the face, almost knocking her out. The shot stuns Sasha for a few seconds and she tastes blood in her mouth. Gibbs rushes forward quickly but quietly wanting to help Sasha and then hears, "Well, well what do we have here?" The guy from the other night grabs Sasha's hair back as he holds his pistol to her neck, making her wince. Gibbs sees blood trickling down the side of her mouth.

"Lt, what are you doing here? And where's my nemesis, Gibbs?" Sasha's too dazed and angry to speak.

"Where's Gibbs?" the guy growls as he tugs hard on her hair making her cry out.

"Gibbs and his team have left." Sasha states. Gibbs observes the scene and decides to delay his move until he gets more details.

"No! You bitch I told you what would happen if you interfered. Bring those two out here. It's time to show the Lt. What happens when my orders are not obeyed." He shouts as he pulls harder on her hair. One of the assailants gets up and makes his way to the cabin.

"No!! Let them go! I did everything you asked. I brought Gibbs and his team to the park and… " Sasha tries to protest as her breathing becomes laboured. He is going to kill them, and it's my fault. No. I can't let it happen. Sasha works on getting her pistol free.

"Yes, you did. But then you have meddled at every step by helping them after each mishap." He growls. "Maybe I should kill the boy now, in front of you."

"No!!! Please let them go. Do what ever you want to me. But just let them go. They have nothing to do with this. Please!!!" Sasha begs as she wraps her hand around her pistol and starts to withdraw it. The other 3 assailants laugh at the scene unfolding in front of them.

She was forced to bring us out here! This bastard's holding someone she cares for hostage. He set this whole thing into motion when he broke into her apartment last weekend. But why does he want to kill us? And why didn't you trust me enough to tell me what was going on? Gibbs processes all of this as he watches them.

"Oh, shut up! Take her away and tie her up with them. While they're roasting in there, we'll make sure that Gibbs and his team don't live to see another sunset." The guy shouts to his team, as Sasha pulls her gun on him.

"Let them go!" Sasha shouts as she holds her gun against his spine.

He becomes enraged and reacts fast by hitting Sasha hard across the face and letting her fall unconscious to the ground.

Damn it, Gibbs becomes livid as he sees Sasha's body hit the ground hard.

"NCIS! Drop your weapons and get away from her!" Gibbs shouts as he moves out from behind the bushes.

"What the…" The guy reacts and then he laughs out loud.

"You make it too easy, Jethro. Too easy." He continues to laugh and then he spins around and crouches down as his men draw their guns. Gun fire erupts as Gibbs double taps two of the assailants. As he fires at the third perp, he feels a searing pain rip through his left shoulder. At the same time, an intense burning sensation blazes through his right thigh. The impact of the shots throws Gibbs backwards, onto the ground and causes him to lose his grip on his weapon, which inadvertently gets flung a short distance away. Gibbs takes a few seconds to realize what's happened. Four against one is never good odds! Pain sizzles through his body as he fights to stay conscious.

The kidnapper approaches Gibbs and crouches down next to him. Then he places the barrel of his pistol against Gibbs' forehead. Gibbs refuses to close his eyes and defiantly stares at his assailant.