- Text Size +
Damn it Gibbs, don't die on me. Sasha cries as she sees Gibbs pass out. I need to get help. You will not die! I won't let you! She whimpers. She forces herself to get up and despite the intense pain in her thigh and her spinning head she makes her way to the cabin.

She opens the cabin door slowly almost afraid of what she may find. Then she sees Jason and Stacey, tied up in chairs, with gags in their mouths. Sasha feels her limbs go weak as a profound sense of relief washes over her. You're alive!! Sasha and Stacey let their tears fall unhindered as Sasha limps towards them and unties them.

"Aunt Sash. You came! I knew you would save us. I love you. I promise to be a good boy. Please don't let bad men take me again. Please. Please aunt Sash, Please." Jason cries out with tears rolling down his face as he hugs her tightly, pulling on her hair and squeezing her neck.

"Shhh Angel ... Nobody's going … to take you … from me. I will never … let something like … this ever happen … again. I've … missed you … so much!" Sasha continues to hug him as both of them cry uncontrollably.

Sasha then puts an arm around Stacey, pulling her into the embrace. They share an intense moment of relieve and joy and then Sasha asks, "Are you … two okay? Did they … hurt you?"

"We're okay. But you're definitely not." Stacey says as she sees the amount of blood staining Sasha's leg.

"It's just … a scratch … We need … to help … Agent Gibbs. He's been … shot…" Sasha says as she starts making her way outside, carrying Jason and shielding his eyes from the carnage. Stacey grabs a sleeping bag and a few towels as she follows Sasha out to the prone form of a silver haired man.

"Here, tie this around your thigh and this around his thigh while I take a look at his shoulder." Stacey says as she hands 2 towels to Sasha. Sasha holds Jason on her lap, with his head and torso resting against her chest. He holds her tightly around her waist, digging his fingers into her back as he drifts off to sleep. Sasha welcomes the contact and awkwardly ties the towel around Gibbs' thigh. Gibbs moans out in pain as he is prodded by both women at the same time. Sasha then just places the other towel over her thigh, not bothering to tie it. Stacey covers Gibbs with the sleeping bag as she applies firm pressure to his shoulder with the second towel.

"He is going into shock." Stacey says as she takes his pulse and notes that it is rapid and his breathing's shallow.

"His pupils are dilated and his cold. We need to get him to a hospital." Stacey asserts as she wraps the sleeping bag more securely around him noting that he has started shivering. Sasha feels absolute despair wash over her as she sees Gibbs' pale and lifeless face swim in and out of her fuzzy vision. She is having a hard time staying focused as the pain is getting worse. She blinks her eyes a few times before her vision clears and that's when she sees the radio lying on the ground near Gibbs. Just as she's about to ask Stacey to hand it over to her, they hear vehicles pull up near the cabin.

Sasha sees Agent McGee getting out of the van followed by other agents, but she's unable to call out to him. When Stacey sees that a park ranger and a paramedic are with them, she calls out, "Over here! Please hurry!" Sasha lets herself relax now knowing that help is here. As she does, she starts to tremble and realizes that she is freezing. She knows that she is losing a lot of blood and probably going into shock but Gibbs needs to be taken care of first. He can not die!

Pachhi, Cassie and the park rangers view the carnage outside the cabin. Tom is shocked and exclaims, "This looks like a bloodbath. What the hell happened here?"

Pachhi informs him not to touch anything, as he and Cassie start processing the scene.

McGee, Ducky and the paramedic rush over to where Gibbs is, all their attention focused only on Gibbs. The paramedic examines Gibbs as Stacey fills him in on what she knows. He immediately starts an IV line and tries to stabilize the bleeding.

"We need to get him to a hospital now. His lost a lot of blood and is going into hypovolemic shock." The paramedic advises McGee and Ducky. The rangers and the paramedic lift Gibbs up as gently as possible and get him into the van. Gibbs moans out at being moved, but doesn't wake up.

Pachhi tells McGee to inform the Director of what has happened, once they are out of the park and to arrange for more agents to join them at the scene. McGee offers to stay, but Pachhi insists that he should go and take care of his team.

"Sasha let me take a look at you now." Stacey says as she approaches Sasha noting how pale and dazed she looks. She takes Jason from her and hands him to McGee. McGee awkwardly holds onto the sleeping child.

"I'm …" Sasha tries to say as she slowly stands up, causing the towel to drop. Her thigh is soaked with blood and as Stacey gasps in shock, Sasha collapses, losing consciousness and hitting her head hard onto the ground.

"Sasha!" Stacey shouts out as she crouches next to Sasha.

"Damn it, you said you were okay! Always putting everyone else's welfare ahead of your own!" Stacey complains as the paramedic and Ducky rush over to them.

"Dear Lord. Why didn't you tell us she was hurt?" Ducky admonishes as he examines the wound and starts applying pressure to it. The paramedic starts an IV line going and then calls the rangers over to help them get Sasha into the van. McGee hands the boy back to Stacey as they get into the other van and leave to pick up Tony and the rest of the team from the other cabin.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Where are they?" Abby asks for the hundreth time as she paces up and down the length of the cabin. Tony is still unconscious and Kate has developed a headache and is lying down on her bunk. She too is worried about Gibbs, being out there all alone with no one watching his six.

"They should have been back by now. What if they haven't found Gibbs? Oh God, what if his dead?!" Abby shrieks as tears start rolling down her face again.

"Abby, please calm down. They'll find him and he'll be fine. We're talking about Gibbs. He's the toughest man I know, not to mention the best agent NCIS has. You know that nothing can take him down. Now why don't you sit down? Your pacing is making my headache worse." Kate says as she starts to feel nauseous.

"I could give you another painkiller." James, the paramedic offers as he approaches Kate and examines her eyes and takes her pulse.

"I could really use something because this feels like the beginnings of a migraine." Kate says as she closes her eyes. James rummages through his bag and then fills a syringe with 10cc of Voltaren. He administers the shot into Kate's butt causing her to wince.

"Sorry, but you should start feeling better shortly." James says as he makes to pull her shorts up.

"Not bad… it's … a … butterfly … Kate." Tony whispers hoarsely as he makes out the tattoo on Kate's butt.

"Tony!!!" Kate and Abby shout out as Kate pulls her shorts up and both women rush to his bedside.

"Hi…" Tony says with a dazed smirk on his face.

"How are you…?" Kate starts to ask as Tony once again drifts of. "Tony!"

Just then they hear the sound of a van approaching the cabin. Kate and Abby rush out as McGee gets out and walks quickly to them.

"Let's get Tony into the van." He says to the paramedic.

"McGee!" Abby screeches as she hits him hard on the arm.

"What!!" McGee shouts back, the tension and frustration of the day coming through in his voice.

"McGee, where's Gibbs and Sasha?" Kate asks as she pulls Abby away from him.

"Both of them have been shot and we need to get Tony in to the van so that we can meet them at the chopper and not delay its departure to Bethesda."

"Oh no. Not Gibbs!!" Abby moans out.

"Abby we have to go." McGee says as he and the paramedic carry Tony out to the van. Kate and Abby make their way to the van, both terrified about how badly Gibbs is injured. They are surprised to see Stacey and Jason in the van. Kate recognizes them from the photo's she had seen in their apartment. Everyone is exhausted and worried, so no one speaks as they drive to the chopper.

Once at the chopper, Ducky and the paramedics travel with Gibbs, Sasha, Tony and Kate in the chopper as it makes its way to Bethesda Hospital.

McGee, Abby, Stacey and Jason get into Gibbs' car and drive back to Washington. Abby is panicked about how badly everyone is injured, especially Gibbs. McGee is exhausted and worried about everyone. Stacey is just relieved that she and Jason are safe. But she is terrified that Sasha and Agent Gibbs may not make it.

McGee calls the Director and fills him in on everything that has happened and the Director makes arrangements to get the FBI to help out with the investigation. As they drive back to Washington, Stacey fills McGee and Abby in on everything that she knows about the kidnapping and the plan to get Gibbs and his people out to the park. She tells them how Sasha was threatened and forced to do as the kidnappers demanded or they would have killed her and Jason. She also tells them how the kidnapper bragged about all the traps he had set up along the trail so that each agent would die a painful death.

When McGee asks if she knew why the kidnapper did all of this she replies, "It has to do with a lady by the name of Shannon and her daughter Kelly. The kidnapper, I think his name was Brett, said that Gibbs had killed them."

Abby and McGee look at each other in confusion as they wonder who Shannon and Kelly were and what their link to Gibbs may have been. They silently agree to do a background check on them when they get back to NCIS head quarters, but only after making sure that Gibbs and the rest of the team are okay.