- Text Size +
"Jethro, calm down!" Ducky admonishes as he and McGee hold Gibbs down.

"What's …wrong… with …her?" Gibbs asks as he tries to piece together the events at the cabin. The images of his earlier dream also intrudes in his mind.

"She was shot at the cabin and …" Abby says as Gibbs interrupts, "What!!!"

"We think that she shot the kidnapper who was trying to kill you!" McGee starts saying.

"Gibbs, She made sure that you were okay before letting anyone know how badly she was injured." Abby continues.

"What!!" Gibbs asks as he tries to piece everything together but for some reason his brain refuses to co-operate. She put herself in danger to protect me! Gibbs realizes. Ducky glares at McGee and Abby to keep them quiet.

"She's coming out of anesthesia now and it appears that she is having a very bad reaction to it." Ducky lies as he doesn't want Gibbs to know that Sasha has not been given any pain medication.

As Sasha continues to cry out in pain, Stacey takes a hold of her face and talks calmly but loudly, "Sasha, look at me. Sasha focus!"

Sasha sees Stacey and responds in anguish. "P.A.I.N!!!"

"Sasha, can you blink your eyes?" The nurse asks as she looks at Sasha. Sasha wants to hit her for asking such stupid question. But she is unable to, so she blinks rapidly and than ends with squeezing her eyes tightly, as she grimaces in pain.

"Give her the painkiller's already!" Stacey shouts at the nurse, as she can see that Sasha is aware and responsive.

"Good, now raise your right thumb." The nurse says as she holds Sasha's hand. Sasha glares at her with murder in her eyes, but raises her right thumb a second later as pain pulses through her body.

"Good. I'm going to give you a shot of Morphine now and you're going to feel better in no time." The nurse says as she activates the morphine pump. In addition, she gives Sasha a shot of Morphine directly into a vein in her arm. Sasha holds onto Stacey's hand as she prays for some relief. She knows that she has never been in this much pain ever in her life.

The effect of having 15cc of morphine hit her body at once, makes Sasha extremely lightheaded and lethargic. Soon her focus shifts from the pain to the delicious warmth spreading through her body. As her gasps and moans of pain turn into sighs, Gibbs starts to relax. He looks at McGee and says, "I want a full update in the morning." McGee looks at Ducky who nods at him and then he nods at Gibbs. Gibbs wonders what is going on between McGee and Ducky. In the mean time Abby holds onto Gibbs' hand and give him a broad smile.

Soon the nurse opens the curtain around Sasha's bed and Gibbs stares at her as he sees her taking deep, steadying breathes. She looks flushed as a result of the pain. It reminds Gibbs of how she looked when they made love. You are so beautiful, Gibbs thinks. Ducky, Abby and McGee also watch Sasha and are glad that the drugs are taking effect and that she's going to be okay.

Sasha's world seems to ebb and flow around her. As the morphine dowses her senses she asks two questions and then makes a startling declaration.

She looks up at Stacey and asks, "Jason…"

Stacey smiles and replies as she caresses Sasha's forehead, "Jason's fine. He's with mother."

"Gibbs..." Sasha asks as she remembers that he was hurt. At the same time she turns her head and sees Gibbs watching her. She dreamily blinks her eyes at him, unaware that he is really there.

"Agent Gibbs is also going to be okay." Stacey replies as she sees a ghost of a smile on Sasha's face. Gibbs returns the smile, glad to see that she is doing better.

"Good…… Love ... him…." Sasha says.

"I know that you love Jason and he loves you a lot too." Stacey smiles as she finally acknowledges that her friend is going to be okay.

"Mmmm, I ... love … Jethro..." Sasha smiles as she becomes drowsy and dreamy.

Everyone in the room stares at her and than at Gibbs. Gibbs looks surprised, but pleased as he raises his eyebrow and smiles at Sasha. Wow, that was a very unexpected, but pleasant revelation! Gibbs thinks as he remembers the intimate moments he has shared with Sasha.

Sasha sighs, "Mmmm ... Gibbs ... so ... hot ..." as she drifts off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------

In the other ICU ward, Tony appears to be fast asleep when Kate walks into his room. She had woken up about a half an hour ago and realized that she had not had anything to eat. The nurse brought her a cinnamon bun and a cup of coffee, which she enjoyed immensely. Then she felt a desperate need to find out how Tony was doing. So she got out of bed, ignoring her tender shoulder and aching thigh and she made her way to the ICU ward.

As she approaches the bed, a nurse enters to room and says, "Can I help you?"

"I work with him. How is he doing?" Kate asks.

"Much better. His fever's down and he is responding well to the antibiotics. It will still be a few days before he is strong enough but he is definitely making good progress." The nurse replies as she pulls a chair up to the bed for Kate. Kate thanks her as she sits down. Once the nurse leaves her room, Kate takes a hold of Tony's hand. She leans forward and kisses his hand repeatedly, unable to stop herself. Oh Tony, I'm so glad that you're going to be okay.

Tony feels the pressure on his hand and he turns his head slowly to the side. When he sees Kate's lips on his hand, he smiles sleepily and whispers, "Hey gorgeous," as he squeezes her hand.

Kate jerks up when she hears Tony's voice.

"Don't stop!" Tony pleads as Kate makes to pull her hand away. He looks like a little boy with his hair all tousled.

"Tony, how are you feeling?" Kate asks trying to recover her composure as she continues to hold he's hand.

"Better, now ... that I know … you're fine." Tony replies seriously as he stares into her eyes.

"Oh Tony, I'm just glad that you're going to be okay. I was so afraid…" Kate starts to say and then stops.

"Me too, Kate… I was so ... worried about … you!" Tony says as he squeezes her hand again.

"Come here!" Tony insists as he twines his fingers with hers and pulls her towards him. Kate moves closer, afraid but yet eager to see where this is going.

"Tony!" Kate says as he caresses her cheek and then pulls her close.

As they look into each other's eyes, Tony sighs, "I have wanted… to do this for such… a long time… Katie…" And then he pulls her that last millimeter and gently touches his lips to hers. Kate sighs, unable to believe that this is happening. Soon Tony's tongue caresses Kate's sealed lips, begging for entry. At the caress of his tongue, Kate sighs even deeper and parts her lips. Tony slips into her warm mouth and feels like he's died and gone to heaven. She tastes of coffee and cinnamon, sweet and spicy.

Tony wraps his hands around her and practically pulls her onto the bed, bearing her injuries in mind. As they lay side by side they continue to kiss and caress each other. "Katie… you're … amazing!" Tony whispers in between kisses as he unties the hospital gown at her waist. Then he moves his hand under her gown and caresses her through the hospital gown. As his hands wrap around to her back, his fingers make contact with her bare back. She is warm and silky smooth.

"Tony …" Kate moans as he starts to kiss her neck and shoulder. As Kate caresses Tony's head and back, she realizes that he is naked under the sheet.

"Tony, you're naked!." Kate exclaims.

"Yeah, just the way you've always wanted me to be!" Tony grins back as he starts kissing her again. His nearness and nakedness shocks Kate and fuels her desire for him even more. As both of them become more passionate, they inadvertently knock into each other's injured thighs. They break apart abruptly, groaning in pain and then they laugh out loud at their antics.

"Mmm, I guess we had to stop. But that was unbelievable!" Tony grin's through the pain.

"I'll say!" Kate responds as she pecks him one more time on the lips and he grins back at her.

"I better get back to my room." Kate says as she winces and prepares to get up. Tony holds her close and looks into her eyes, and says, "No, Stay with me."

"Tony, I…" Kate says wanting to stay, but not sure whether she should.

"Stay!" Tony pleads as he opens his bedding inviting her to join him. "I promise to be on my best behaviour." Tony grins. She grins back, but as she gets a glimpse of his naked body she takes a shuddering breath before moving in next to him. She rests her head on his chest and holds him close as he kisses her forehead. Both of them fall asleep, dreaming about each other.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ducky, Abby and McGee leave the ICU ward as Sasha and Gibbs drift off to sleep. They are amazed at Sasha's declaration and the joy it brought to Gibbs. All of them acknowledge that a lot more went on between Gibbs and Sasha at the park than any of them could have imagined.

They decide to check on Tony and then on Kate before calling it a night. As they walk into Tony's room, Ducky stops dead still causing Abby and then McGee to knock into him. They look around him and McGee's jaw drops open as Abby's face lights up with a smile.

They find Kate curls up in Tony's arms, both of them fast asleep. Ducky just shakes his head and says, "Oh my, there goes Gibbs' rule about dating co-workers." With that he gets Abby and McGee out of the room and they leave for home.

--------------------------------------------------------------